Afrika Korp pamphlet

John333

I managed to acquire this a couple of days ago I wondered if anyone on here has more information about it. My understanding is that they were given to members of the Afrika Korp upon arrival in Africa ? 

2D4982D2-F634-4110-B00F-B6206BA6A82B.jpeg

CB07E883-DE1D-42C1-A58D-04048EFC9556.jpeg

B0B39E84-713A-43BA-AA8F-DBE78D7312E2.jpeg

351513A9-6D35-4B80-9821-A36C43E8FE03.jpeg

• Like 6

The Soldier in Libya (Pocket book for the troops),
Printed in the Reichsdruckerei, February 1941
Basicly useful information for soldiers serving in Libya, very precise and a rare book!
Somebody has inked some inscriptions under the captions, thought it may be Arabic?
If you have any more questions, do not hesitate...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I recently acquired the 42 version of this from the States. They are quite rare. Does it still have the separate map in the back? Also that looks like a DAK pocket calendar I see on the edge of one of the photos? Does it have any entries? I already have a 42 and a 43 but always interested in others with entries. 

• Like 5

It's interesting in your Libyen booklet how faded the front cover is. It's certainly seen some strong sunlight in its days.

• Like 5

Yes it still has the map inside and it’s just the front cover that is faded. I don’t really want to sell it though I have no idea what it is worth to be honest 

• Like 6

Mine was about the £260 mark but that was without the separate fold out map. I got the map with the 42 Kalendar that I obtained from the same source. Just as an aside, the fold out maps that come with the 42 and 43  Kalendar (and in this case the 41 booklet) are different although they generally look the same. The 43 map has more coverage to the east than the previous map to include Palestine, Syria and Transjordan. It also leaves out Tunisia. 

• Like 6

Pity. Would have liked to have seen if it had any info within. The 42 versions are more difficult to get if you do get the chance to purchase that at some point.

• Like 4

Last photo, the newspaper has the title "Die Oase" (Oasis), in the old handwritten script, that is so hard to discern.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fritz said:

Last photo, the newspaper has the title "Die Oase" (Oasis), in the old handwritten script, that is so hard to discern.

This was posted back by a member of a flak company for his parents to keep for him as a souvenir. It was the last of the daily editions of this newsletter as afterwards it became a weekly publication. I have the feldpost envelope and and letter that accompanied the newsletter back to Germany.

• Like 4

Very good. You can even read the full newspaper, all the most important news of the day, apart from "censorship".
U-Boot successes around northern Scotland and successful attacks on the south of England, airfields etc., light British bombing raids in the West, little damage, 2 intruding aircraft shot down by naval flak and fighters. This issue was the last daily issue, after which a weekly issue on Tuesdays was planned.

• Like 6

• 2 years later...

Hi there. I was doing research on 'Soldat in Libyen' online and discovered this thread and forums.  I have a 1940 edition of the Taschenbuch issued for soldiers who participated in the French campaign. I would like to collect them for research purposes, so if someone has a 1941/1942 version of 'Soldat in Libyen'; I am seeking to buy a copy. Thank you.

• Like 2