Ww2 British Red Cross medal.. Worth?

Lee

Of course this has a value, especially with the papers to go with it. I have no idea of a price, perhaps someone else can tell you. There were also similar Red Cross medals for WW1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That must be quite cheap, certainly worth more with the papers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope so.. Was looking online and I'm shocked to see how  British ww2 medals go for next to nothing. Yet ww2 german stuff goes for alot more.

• Like 3

British WW1 medals cost a bit more and they are all named. There are some exceptions with British WW2 medals such as the Aircrew Europe Star and the 1939-45 Star with Battle of Britain clasp, as well as some of the other clasps, however, most British WW2 medals are not named.

• Like 3

You can still get original ribbons.

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

I realise that it is a while since this post was started. 
Your Red Cross Medal isn't WW2 as such it is a Red Cross Proficiency medal that happened to be granted in 1944. These medals can be found named and often with dated bars for each year the recipient was re examined for their First Aid skills. I don't know when the Red Cross stopped awarding the medal - they may still award it and the bars today?

Value - I think you paid about the right price for one with the box and paperwork in such good condition. 

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 4

On 26/04/2021 at 08:12, Lee said:

I did buy these.. Not original ribbons but medals and box are

Screenshot_20210426-081050_eBay.jpg

This is probably and incomplete set. The 39-45 Star was awarded for operational service in Europe (incl North Africa) or the Far East. So it would be usual for the recipient to have one or more of the theatre stars as well; Africa Star, Burma Star, Italy Star, France & Germany Star, Pacific Star. There were the occasional exceptions. 

• Like 4