Mother's Cross of Honour, original?

Lee

• Lee changed the title to Mother's Cross of Honour, original?

They look a bit off and flat with a very dull finish, would need to hold these in hand to be sure. 

• Like 3

and compare the ribbons with known originals, something wrong there.

• Like 4

Thanks guys... I need the silver for my collection but something put me off these and wanted to reach out to you because I'm rather new to collecting. Sounds odd but flags went up when the price was just 40£ and the guy is from Poland living in England.. He told me his friend sends him lots of ww2 things. I hear alot of fakes come from Poland.. Is that true?

• Like 4

There are good copies of these floating around as well. Some are being sold on websites as well. I have seen a lot of fakes from Poland, but Eastern Europe/Russia as well. However, there are many originals still available. Patience and research are a must. 

• Like 4

Poland, Eastern Europe, Russia etc. are all into the game of forgeries. In Western European countries the production and distribution or display of these articles are strictly prohibited and can lead to a jail sentence (Spain, England and US are of course exceptions). Refer to previous posts on the forum about Mother's Cross etc. These are my examples. I don't have the gold version at the moment, here is silver and bronze, the silver finish is rather worn/darkened, there are better examples around, compare also the ribbons, these are real ribbons, the material on the examples above are not proper ribbon, just some sort of woven material, just doesn't look right

100_4717.JPG

image.thumb.png.68f315722ee28e53e0f82e4172d2fdd5.png

• Like 4

Ahh I need the silver.. I have the bronze and gold. Gold one is my favourite because it has its original box too and maker

20210425_144422.jpg

20210425_144432.jpg

• Like 5

That is a nice example!

• Like 5

The case always makes a decoration more expensive, and the golden impressed symbol on the lid has kept it's bright appearance, which is seldom, usually they are scratched and darkened.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...