Adolf Hitler postcard original?

Lee

Where the photo is undoubtedly old and original, I cannot say whether the stamp belongs here, it may have been stamped by someone later. This is also an early photo, as often seen in the front of MEIN KAMPF. Photographer was undoubtedly Heinrich Hoffmann.
On the back is an official stamp of the quarters of the party leader in Schleswig-Holstein (whether fake or not?), I don't see why they should use their stamp for the back of a photo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you... Do you think this photo was done pre WW2? Or during or even after? Or so.. Would you know the value of such photo? 

• Like 3

This looks like an old, original photo, of which millions were produced in their day, the vast majority was destroyed in 1945 with the "Entnazifierung" and the beginning of Allied occupation. Photos like this today are prohibited in Germany, Austria and France.
I cannot say the exact value.  I paid about 25 Euros for this postcard around 15 years ago, purchased from D.N., who is no longer in business, I am sure they would cost a bit more nowadays.

Otherwise, I am not an "expert" on prices, better to do some research or ask people who are active in the trade.

100_4517.JPG

Ansichtskarte Reichskanzler Adolf Hitler Hoffmann Karte

Saw this one for around 25 Euros

Ansichtskarte  Zur Erinnerung an Hitlers persönliche Rede in Idar am 20.Mai. 1932

A dealer is asking 50 Euro for this one!

This one purchased many years ago, was a bit cheaper, there are still a few of them around. 

100_4516.JPG

• Like 3

Hello !

Hard to tell by a webpic : if paper is old and photo "argentic" (sorry I am french and don't know english that well), photo will be good. 

For the stamp : it will not change value of the picture if there is one or not. 

As it is an official photo of the NSDAP it could be genuine.

I have under frame an official copy of Benito mussolini and mates on the march on Rome : there is a stamp on it of the local Fascist group (in Switzerland, for italians living there). And.no doubt about it as I know from where it comes.

What are dimensions of the pic ? If you want to sell it I may be interested.

Regards from France !

Jean-Paul

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello Jean-Paul, welcome to the forum and your advice regarding the stamp which I would concur with, just one other thing selling is only allowed on the classifieds forum if you are interested in an item please use the personal messenger to contact the member involved rather than on the actual forum thread. Thanks :thumbsup:  

• Like 3

• Kenny Andrew changed the title to Adolf Hitler postcard original?

These are not photos but pictures from the Adolf Hitler Sammelbilder Album, these pictures would be added to the album to complete it. The pictures on their own are not worth very much we usually sell them for a couple of pounds. 

H20144-L214854035_original.jpg

H20144-L214854060_original.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It was a mass produced image, but has photo qualities, and is probably "Fotodruck".

• Like 4

Ein Bild vom Wahlkampf 1932 in Hessen -
Bild Nr. 26
In diesem Werk gehören die 6 Bildergruppen  62-67

A picture of the election campaign 1932 in Hessen
Picture no. 26
In this volume belong picture groups 62-67

As kenny stated, from the album

The first photo shown could possibly be a real photo, produced as a postcard, as I mentioned before, on a mass scale
The stamp on the back could mean that this one was distributed from Schleswig-Holstein. As Jean Paul mentions, "argentic", (fr.) argent (Ag) meaning silver - photos were on a silver bromide (AgBr) basis on prinicple of photolytische Zersetzung.

• Like 3

Photos with the on the back Kenny.. Are they worth anything? This is on the back of a Himmler photo 

Screenshot_20210415-100252_eBay.jpg

• Like 4

I don't think there would be much value in these items , they are basically just modern prints with no historical value. Nice they are from Brian's collection which adds a bit of interest but not much value I would have thought.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Same as the Himmler picture, you have to be very careful with these, they are even faking photos now, it does look very new from the back. If it came as part of a large group or album I would feel happier about it, but on it's own very hard to prove. 

• Like 3

This and the Himmler one came with over 100 others in  a big group of photos. Ranging from Hitler and the inner circle to normal army personnel 

• Like 4

Have you seen the big group or just been told it was in a big group?  

• Like 4

No was just told they got purchased from one individual and was part of a collection for about 140 photos. So could be all crap but will never know. 

• Like 3

probably about £20-£40 hard to say with a photo as they are all different so really just what someone is prepared to pay for it. A signed studio portrait would be allot more.   

• Like 2

Found this online.. All the photos from this person did have these makers on the  back...  But I guess even that could be fake. But that's alot of time and effort Most – but not all – period photographic paper has a series of logos on its reverse side. Some well-known examples are Selo, Agfa-Lupex and Leonar, one of the most commonly used types of German photographic paper.

• Like 2

If it was part of a large group, as I've already said, it should be fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1