Third Reich Hitler plaque, original?

Lee

• Lee changed the title to Help.. What is this?

These plaques are quite well known and were widespread. Made of cast iron, blackened. I had a similar example many years ago, but with different wording, I paid about 30 shillings for it in 1968! However, items like this are now very much in demand and a lot more expensive. I haven't seen many recently, so I could not give an estimate of value. I assume the case is original to the plaque - the ribbon states
     Zur Vermählung - gewidmet von der Stadt Bludenz  -  a wedding gift from the City of Bludenz
Bludenz is in Austria - Vorarlberg, after 13. March 1938 it became part of Greater Germany, so the plaque is sometime after that date.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Case has had a few minor repairs but yes it's the original one for it. Thank you for the information given.. I paid £160 for it.. Not sure if that's reasonable? 

• Like 4

They would definitely cost more at the moment, especially with the case - and the dedication, I haven't seen a cased example before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As long as it is cast iron and not resin, always hard to tell from photos then it is OK.  The case looks a bit new and like Fritz I have not see a cased one before. As long as the plaque is original then the price is good.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Kenny Andrew changed the title to Third Reich Hitler plaque, original?