SS Dagger real?

Lee

This one added here is definitely a copy. Any SS dagger is rare. Any dagger of this kind is by nature most unlikely original, and with a Himmler inscription, even less likely. On your example the leather blade washer is loose and adrift, should be a proper fit.
The case is also very suspicious, perfectly sure it should not be lined in loose satin. Some copy daggers may be put together using original parts, and some of these worked over and replated to make them fit or match. Copy daggers have been on the market for at least 50-60  years now. Maker in this example is apparently Hörster & Co., Solingen.
Grips should be proper finely grained blackened wood, this looks more like composition, fittings somehow don't look right, and somehow the blade is also not too convincing.

SS- Ehrendolch, Sammleranfertigung — online bei Auktion kaufen.  Auktionskatalog "Kunst und Antiquitäten" vom 21.09.2019: Foto, Preis von  Auktionslos 270 bei VERYIMPORTANTLOT.com

Copy of SS-Ehrendolch

SS DAGGER RZM M7/36 - Real or Repro? - TR DAGGERS, DIRKS & EDGED WEAPONS -  World Militaria Forum

Nazi SS Dagger 1936 RZM M7/36 & Scabbard

SS-Ehrendolch – Wikipedia

https://www.auktionshaus-loesch.de/loeschweb_116/gbilder_116/gmilitaria/Mi8048.jpg

Here are some real examples. They seldom turn up in a nice condition. The SS button on last example possibly a copy repacement. The symbols were often defaced or removed after the war. Note also style of engraving.

4.3.) Blankwaffen Schutzstaffel (SS) Dienstdolch M 36.Saubere Klinge mit  Devise "Meine Ehre heißt

Later example with nickel-plated zink fittings. Earlier examples were of nickel-silver, solid

• Like 4

Just found this description for an identical piece:

"Alte Replik: SS Ehrendolch M 33 mit Eichenlaubdecor und Himmler Ätzung"

"Alte Replik: SS Ehrendolch M 33 mit Eichenlaubdecor und Himmler Ätzung"
Die Scheidenbeschläge in Luxusausführung mit dem besonderen Eichenlaubdekor, anstatt der sonst üblichen umlaufenden Zierrillen, Relativ gut gemachte, ältere Replik, ca. aus den 60er Jahren. Die heute hergestellten Stücke sind meist durchweg einfacher und unsauberer gearbeitet. Hier hat man noch eine schön glatte, geschmiedete, tief geätzte, magnetische Stahlklinge. Heutige Klingen sind oft nur noch grob inclusive Schriftzug gegossen. Auch die Verzierungen sind noch recht sauber gemacht, auch Schrauben statt Nieten an der Scheide verbaut. Griff- und Scheidenbeschläge mit Eichenlaubdecor. Vernickelt, patiniert /gealtert. Schwarze Griffhülse mit mittigem Reichsadler mit HK, im oberen Bereich XX Runen im Kreis. Die doppelschneidige Dolchklinge ist mit mehreren klaren Ätzungen versehen. Vorne mit Devise der SS : "Meine Ehre heißt Treue". Rückseitig mit ( Herstellercode) RZM ( Reichs Zeug Meisterei) M7/36 und der Devise " In herzlicher Kammeradschaft Heinrich Himmler. Scheide mit schwarzem Leder oder Kunstleder bezogen. Relativ gut gemachte und sehr dekorative Replik eines praktisch nicht zu bekommenden Originals. Eine gute Möglichkeit diese Lücke in der Sammlung zu füllen. Frei verkäuflich ab 18 Jahren. Bei Bestellung bitte Altersnachweis mailen oder schicken ( Kopie / Foto vom gültigen Personalausweis)

Old replica: SS Ehrendolch M.33 with oakleaf decor and Himller inscription
Scabbard fittings in luxury version with the special oakleaf pater, instead of the usual decorative lines. Well made, older replica from the 1960s. Present day copies are simpler and more uncleanly formed throughout. Here is a smooth, tempered deeply engraved magnetic steel blade. Present day blades are often roughly cast, including the inscription. All the decorative elements are uncleanly formed, including screws rather than scabbard rivets. Grip and scabbard fitings with oakleaf decor. Nickel-plated, patinated and aged. Black grip piece with central Reichs eagle with swastika, in upper part medallion with SS runes. The two edges blade with several clear engravings. Forward with device "Meine Ehre heißt Treue", to the rear maker code RZM M7/36 and the inscription "In herzlicher Kameradschaft Heinrich Himmler". Scabbard covered with black leather or artificial leather. Relatively well made replica of a practicly unobtainable original. A good possibility to bridge a gap in a collection. Free sales above 18 years. Copy of identity card / photo with order please, etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it looks very suspect to me as well, as with all "SS" items, buyer should be very suspicious. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Further note: The box or case, if there had been one, would not have been lined in thin, loose, red satin! If anything, the lid would have been lined in possibly a white silk material, the other part would have been a better quality of either champagne coloured or black velvet,  material of the outer casing would probably have been a grained artificial black leather type material.

• Like 4

It's a Spanish dagger from the 1970's with plastic handle rather than wood. Actually one of the first items I ever bought when I was still at school. I was on holiday with my parents in Majorca and saw this dagger in a little shop in Palma. After several days I persuaded my parents to let me buy it. I remember once I bought it, staring at it for hours thinking it must have belonged to an SS General who had fled to Franco's Spain. Franco was still in power and all the coins still had his head on them. I  was even reading SS General by Sven Hassel at the time. I spent all my holiday money on it £25 I think in Spanish Pesetas. The day before we were about to come home I found another shop in Palma this one had dozens of the daggers every type you could think of, my heart sank as clearly they were all brand new. The only good thing was I managed to get it home well hidden in my suitcase and it was not taken by customs or the Civil Guard.            

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I remember in Le Touquet in 1970, I found an old Belgian pinfire pocket revolver with folding trigger in an antique shop for 100 francs.  Afterwards I was a bit worried about getting it home. While returning with the ferry and going through end customs, I had the item in my trouser pocket. Nobody noticed. The revolver mechanism never worked anyway, the entire piece had been de-rusted by someone, with overall light pitting. The wooden grips were still in reasonable, but darkened condition. I kept it for some years and later sold it in 1979. Later these were considered obsolete, so no certificate was necessary. However, in the European Union presently these are still considered a weapon for which a licence is required. All weapons as from 1871 need a licence. In the UK this is not so, obsolete calibres are free.

• Like 4

Wow from 1871? Seems a little extreme. Guess they want to cover all smokeless powder weapons all the way to modern ones. As far as the dagger goes, WW2 German items as well as copies are still easy to find in Spain. More so on the copies now though...

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hi
Im from Denmark
Looking all over the net for a place where i can buy a really nice copy of this dagger with all the right signs and symbols on it and ofcourse the writing on the blade "meine ehre Heisst treue"
Can anybody guide me in the right direction

• Like 3

That Spanish company is no longer in business as far as I know. Unfortunately in Scotland we are no longer allowed to sell daggers otherwise I could have got one for you. If you need replica uniforms, badges, helmets etc. I can order these for you but as far as I'm aware there are no companies who specialize in replica daggers, best bet is to keep searching the net as you have been doing.       

• Like 3