Euroclone helmet help ID ??

Thoran98

Hello everyone,

I'm new member. I happy for join your. I have this euroclone helmet. Where is this helmet made? Belgiun, Austrian or Norway? Can you help me ?

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like a US WW2 style helmet but probably not American made. Perhaps someone else can help you  here.

• Like 4

Can you tell me if the shell is magnetic or not? This will help narrow things down. It appears to be made in the fashion of the late war rear seam helmets with swivel bales. WW2 US helmets had cork mixed into the paint texture, not sand. Are there any stampings inside near the brim? These may be hidden under the paint if they are there. Belgian M51 helmets were made from non-magnetic Hadfield steel. Austrians used original US issue helmets until they started making their own starting with the M58 which was also non-magnetic manganese steel. Denmark used both US made and German made steel helmets until they started their own in 1957, these are magnetic. Germany used the M56 which was a copy of the M1 helmet. The Dutch also started using M1 clones starting in 1953, but these were made in Germany. Luxembourg used M1 clones made by the Dutch, and Norway used the M1 but these were made in Austria and Germany. 

If I had to guess based on the pictures, possibly Austrian or German. Possibly even a re-issued US made helmet, hard to say with out more info or details.

• Like 5

Gildwiller, i try touch magnet but its not magnetic. I cant find any stamp or serial. German Clones (VDN) doesnt has a stamp. Germans only write serial with paint and not choose this helmet colour. 

• Like 5

On 28/03/2021 at 02:58, Gildwiller1918 said:

Can you tell me if the shell is magnetic or not? This will help narrow things down. It appears to be made in the fashion of the late war rear seam helmets with swivel bales. WW2 US helmets had cork mixed into the paint texture, not sand. Are there any stampings inside near the brim? These may be hidden under the paint if they are there. Belgian M51 helmets were made from non-magnetic Hadfield steel. Austrians used original US issue helmets until they started making their own starting with the M58 which was also non-magnetic manganese steel. Denmark used both US made and German made steel helmets until they started their own in 1957, these are magnetic. Germany used the M56 which was a copy of the M1 helmet. The Dutch also started using M1 clones starting in 1953, but these were made in Germany. Luxembourg used M1 clones made by the Dutch, and Norway used the M1 but these were made in Austria and Germany. 

If I had to guess based on the pictures, possibly Austrian or German. Possibly even a re-issued US made helmet, hard to say with out more info or details.

https://jmurrayinc1944.com/products/m1-helmet-dutch-used-original

Olabilir mi?

• Like 4

It could be the same helmet, construction looks the same. Only difference I see is that the Norwegian one in the link says they have a smooth olive drab finish, whereas yours has a sand texture. 

• Like 5