WW2 small arms holsters

Skylinechili

Very nice. The Luger P 08 holster would need some care and attention, before the leather starts to disintegrate altogether. A good neutral wax shoe cream would be recommendable, also recommended is Renaissance Wax, used by museums and the antique trade, not quite cheap. I have heard it is available in the UK, I haven't seen it over here, possibly available in USA or at least online.

• Like 3

Fritz, 

Funny you mentioned the P08 condition. I noticed that as well and treated shortly after posting. A few products I've had great results with. 

16157685145952229196945212812463.jpg

16157685695062063736840211880231.jpg

16157686018294249089374208317326.jpg

• Like 3

Properts was always a very good brand, old and tradtional, their Saddle Soap was very good, it seems to have disappeared from the market altogether, can't find it anywhere, or have you seen this lately?

N.B.: Brown leather holsters were generally worn by Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe officers, the NCOs and other ranks had black, also the SS had black, matching the rest of their leather equipment.

• Like 3

Saddle soap is still available in the US. Nice holsters, the Luger take down tool from WW1 is especially a pain to find for the holster. 

• Like 3