Obituaries

Fritz

Obituary Thomas M.Johnson, Col, ret.
Last year, 2020 it was reported that Col. Johnson, the well known author of many militaria guides and trading in fine military antiques, has passed on. R.I.P.

Rest in Peace, LTC (Ret.) Thomas Johnson - Military Trader/Vehicles

Small collection of Books on the subject of edged weapons — buy at online  auction at VERYIMPORTANTLOT.com. Auction catalog "O82r - Day 1: German  contemporary history - orders and militaria from 1919"

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I was not aware of this, there seems to be so many passing this last year. I never met Col. Johnson but I did speak to him on the phone on a quite a few occasions, he was always charming and very helpful, another sad loss.

5f1c7016b9277.jpg

johnson2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I spoke to him on the phone around 2008, I was enquiring about some small dagger parts. Just a few months ago, I got in touch again, and was told by his office lady that he had passed away last Summer. The son will has however taken charge of the business.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

That's good his son is taking over, I used to like it when I phoned up and his secretary would say "I'll put you on to the Colonel now" he was obviously highly respected.  

• Like 3

• Fritz changed the title to Obituaries

Mons Military Antiques, Richard Archer, RIP

Lead for many years a top militaria shop in the Southeast of England -

It is with regret and deep sorrow, that we announce to those not aware, that Richard Archer sadly passed away in November 2021. His family and friends would like to thank all for the kind messages since his passing.

For any enquiries, please email monsmilant@btinternet.com

Mons Military Antiques

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

That's a pity, I was not aware of this. I knew Richard, in fact he was a keen follower of this forum, although like many he did not post. Another of the old guard gone.  R.I.P. Richard  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 year later...

On 30th June last, the proprietor of Sammler Cabinett, Jörg Calies, Hamburg, decided to close his shop near the town hall after very many years
in business. However, he has not given up entirely and can be contacted over a jewellers shop nearby. His internet shop lists have been more than halved.

image.jpeg.420741de651fe3098a23163e2edf348b.jpeg  image.jpeg.28a36da633f54f79665504b025a940cd.jpeg  Ladengeschäft - Orden, Ehrenzeichen und Militaria - Jörg Kalies

• Like 1
  • Sad 2