Helmet Badges and more items

Came across a few helmet badges. The first photo was separated and labelled "helmet badge belonging to Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia". Could this be his personal badge? This is the Prussian coat of arms? 

20210311_190954.jpg

20210311_191148.jpg

20210311_191019.jpg

20210311_190835.jpg

20210311_190706.jpg

20210311_190605.jpg

20210311_190824.jpg

20210311_191352.jpg

20210311_191405.jpg

20210311_191301.jpg

20210311_191321.jpg

• Like 4

Nice items, I am sure Fritz will get you the details.

• Like 3

Nice pieces.  The last medal, oval, missing ribbon and rings, is not an official piece. A post WW1 medal to former soldiers, who were members of the veterans Kyffhäuserbund. There were also various battle clasps which could be attached to the ribbon. Easy to find nowadays, could be improved by completing the missing rings (2) and the correct ribbon.

The medal before last is a very rare Brunswick Waterloo - Quatre Bras, 1815 medal! The edge of the disc is inscribed with the name of the recipient and his troop. The connection to the ring is iron, which is perfectly correct, the ring should be iron also, looks like a brass replacement, check this. The ribbon was yellow and blue. Value of this if complete, would be around 700 Euros - or more. I have heard there are only about 700 of these known worldwide. Many have lost the iron ring etc. and are in poor condition, this example is quite fine, I would take a look at the ring, perhaps you could post a photo of the inscription, who this was? These medals were always named.
N.B.: These medals were cast from the bronze of captured French cannons.

The first large emblem is the arms of Prussia, not Friedrich Wilhelm III., as he died in 1840. Not military, likely Prussian Police, as stated, possibly from the reign of Friedrich Wilhelm IV., 1840-1860. The "Pickelhaube" was first introduced in 1842 (see photo, helmet here has a mounting for a plume, missing)

Kopfbedeckungen Archive - Polizei - Historische Schutzleute Berlin e.V.

The next photo (2) with four small pieces, from left to right, top to bottom:

a Reichskokarde for a WW1 field cap, 2 holes for stitching on, very much sought by collectors as a replacement

a gilt cap oakleaf, 3rd Reich period. This could either be for a General, or for a peaked cap of the fieldgrey naval land uniform.

a large helmet (Pickelhaube) cockade, Bavaria, officer, much sought as a spare

Black Eagle Order, centre of a helmet plate on Guard Eagle, usefull as a spare or replacement (see photo example, plate centre)

Helm für Mannschaften/Offiziersanwärter der Garde-Infanterie mit  Paradebusch und Helmkoffer Schw

an other ranks' helmet plate, cypher WR.I (Wilhelm I.) for the fur busby, worn only by Husaren-Regiment 7, this example after 1888 with the "I"

MILITARIA DEUTSCHLAND - PREUSSEN : Pelzmütze für Mannschaften des Husaren- Regiments Nr. 7.KorpusHR 7 – GenWiki

Husaren-Regiment König Wilhelm I. (Rheinisches) No.7
(oval cockade missing here)

2 Imperial Russian "Badges", worn as a breast badge or possibly even on headdress (?) usually associated with officers of a special military school, academy or regiment, can also be commemorative for a centenary.  I'm no expert on this, but there are books or other information available, which may help you identify these. These badges are usually silver and have a hallmark to them, as in photos.
84 stamp is probably 84 Zolotniki, which is an old Russian silver content measurement/hallmark.

Could you also post a photo of the reverse of the four items in photo 2 ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just got this reply from a Russian lady:
Diese preisgekrönte Taschenuhr wurde von der 1874 gegründeten russischen Uhrenmanufaktur Paul Buhre hergestellt. Ab 1899 war die Firma Lieferant des Hofes Seiner Kaiserlichen Majestät. Die Uhr ist mit der Inschrift "Für fleißige Dienste an K. Pawlowitsch" graviert. Die Seriennummer auf der Uhr zeigt an, dass die Uhr im Jahr 1906 hergestellt wurde

Manufactured by the maker Pawel Buhre, his company founded in 1874. As from 1899 the firm was Hoflieferant to the Tsar's court. Inscribed for diligent service - to K. Pawlowitsch. The serial number shows that the watch was manufactured in 1906.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very good.
Johann Maurer, (Iohann)
Corporal, Leib-Bataillon (Guard Battalion!)
You can check the ring with a magnet - the attachment claw is iron. The ring looks like an original of some sort, it is an open ring, but not from this medal. The original iron ring on this medal was a closed ring, it looked rather chunky on the medal, that was typical for early Brunswick and Hannoverian medals. Same on (silver) British Waterloo medal, if I remember correctly.
The Brunswick medals were cast from the bronze from captured French cannons, awarded after 1818, about 5.600 were awarded.

• Like 4

Very nice, but that's not the one I meant. The second picture above was meant, as below:

A further photo depicting helmet plate Husaren-Regt.7 also added to my first description

20210311_191148.jpg

• Like 2

All complete with their fittings to reverse, so these are usuable as replacements on helmets etc., where these are missing. Always very usefull.

• Like 3

1st photo:
A Prussian Officer helmet cockade (black/silver)
A small silver Prussian eagle, this is from a larger Prussian eagle helmet plate for military officials
An Imperial Russian officer cockade for cap

2nd Photo:  Prussia: Red Cross decoration, 2nd class, with original case and over-carton of 3rd class,
name of recipient: Anna Köppen

3rd photo: 2 medals:
Prussia, 1848-1849 on correct ribbon
Prussia, 1870-1871 (war against France) on wrong ribbon, normally with edge inscription "From Captured Cannon"

4th/5th photo: An officer's parade sash / Schärpe, not Prussian, but worn by the non-Prussian states in the Prussian army, Baden, Oldenburg, etc.
6th photo:
Ribbon for German Soutwest Africa Medal, 1904-1906 with two campaign bars, these in a very odd style
An Imperial Russian brass cross, possibly for a headdress, has the Nikolaus II. cypher and the usual inscription, probably for the Landwehr caps
A German Southwest Africa medal for non-combattants in iron
A small silver enamel lapel badge with a black cross of St.John on white, Johanniter?
A Prussian campaign cross for Battle of Königgrätz,3. Juli 1866, ribbon missing
2 silber-gilt crowns, probably from an order or decoration, not identified
A chain with two miniature decorations:
Baden, Friedrichs Orden, Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse
Prussia: Silbernes Hochzeitsabzeichen 1906 (you have the full-size decoration, see previous posts)
7th and last photo:
A Prussian gilt Wilhelm II. cypher, probably from an officer shoulder piece, depending on size, could also be from the grip of a sword, depending on size. It could also be from the centre of an officer's belt buckle, as before.
Next cypher is upside-down in the photo, it constitutes an "M", is either white metal or zink, seems to be a larger size. Various possibilities.

• Like 2

Cypher is from an officer's buckle -

Preussen, Feldbindenschloss für Offiziere20210314_161615.jpg

• Like 3

- apart from that, most of these items have been posted under the wrong section. These are mostly uniform or headdress accessories, do not belong under the category of Medals/Badges, "meaning awards"

• Like 2