Belts, buckles, misc. Uniform items

Skylinechili

Some nice belts and buckles. I know the one is a Heer parade belt. The other buckles are WW1. A few other items I believe are hangers and some additional shoulder boards, cloth insignia, pickelhaube spikes and some items I'm not sure. 

20210306_105207.jpg

20210306_105241.jpg

20210306_115904.jpg

20210306_120118.jpg

20210306_120402.jpg

20210306_121055.jpg

20210306_115926.jpg

20210306_120635.jpg

20210306_120641.jpg

20210306_123048.jpg

20210306_121401.jpg

• Like 4

First pictures, as you say, are Wehrmacht officer parade belt - Paradefeldbinde, the back of the buckle has been marked 110, that is the belt size cm
Next picture, two pairs of shoulder pieces:
1 for a British officer, slip on, rank of captain, presumably WW2
a pair of shoulder pieces, mid war, with toned Tresse for an Unteroffizier, Artillery.
Next picture, two sword hangers, presumably Prussian infantry officer, 2 variations. Gold embroidered woven black material, no idea.
Next picture, a sword belt with hanger for a dagger or sword, should be a further attachment under this, 3rd Reich period, an officer's belt, with a gilded claw buckle, could be for an army or Lufwaffe general WW2, or less likely NSDAP official, possible also for fieldgrey land uniform for a naval artillery officer, and a rough brown leather belt, WW1 for cavalry and artillery other ranks (brass buckle)
Next picture - belt buckles, top row left to right: Prussia 1847-1895 type, 2 fieldgrey 1895/15 types (iron), round buckle for Prussian officer parade belt, other fitting missing as always. A sample buckle with original RZM paper label, of NSDAP association (see label). Below: three parts of a brocade shoulder bandelier, Prussia, very unusual, could be hunting or forestry.
Next picture: Luftwaffe eagle for a sports vest.
Next picture: Various spike tops for mainly officer helmets, "cruciform" spike base, officer, could be dragoons, or for a generals helmet. Field grey cover for a spike, perhaps you have the rest of the cover, this was a detachable type as from September 1915 (new regulation - spikes were to be removed in the front line)
A decorative cork for a wine bottle etc., with a patriotic or military association - could be of Kaiser Wilhelm I.
Next photo: Two "Ich dien" badges with Prince of Wales feathers (The Welch Regiment, etc.), English, could be post-war as blazer - or beret badges? Third one is a blazer badge. Cross, a representation of the Rother Adler Orden, recent production!
Below - various Luftwaffe badges:
A white on blue woven eagle, uncut, for flight clothing, etc., two embroidered LW eagles, white on black, LW mechanics, etc. worn on overalls. A futher example, light blue grey on beige/sand = Afrikakorps or Summer southern front - check these for originality! And a woven LW Pilot's badge for wear on the flight blouse in place of the awarded metal example.

Last photo: Knots, first two look like sword knots for the SS sword! Next one with the short cord is for a Luftwaffe officer dagger. A miniature souvenir knot (for a watch fob, etc.) in Batallion and Company colours, type with leather strap would be cavalry etc., a patriotic red white black cord attached.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fritz, 

The Prussian Officer's parade belt you said is missing part? I have a few more attached to the belt. Is this the missing part you referred? 

20210306_152243.jpg

20210306_152604.jpg

20210306_152201.jpg

20210306_152224.jpg

• Like 4

In the photo with the buckle, the keeper, which closes the buckle is missing, as on leather belt. The leather belt has differently toned fittings to go with the WW1 field belt as shown, don't remove these fittings! The other buckle is fine gilt. The leather wartime belt is much rarer, and most importantly has the two leather sliders, which go very closely to each side of the buckle, giving it the right look - one of these or both are very often missing, belt would then be incomplete!

• Like 4

Usually, as per official pattern, the brown leather was "pebbled", but there are also smooth leather versions as well.

• Like 3

I won't remove them from belt. Just wanted to make sure I know what to look for. I have boxes full of miscellaneous hardware, buttons ect. I'm sure it will turn up. Thank you

• Like 3

The belt is missing on that buckle anyway, but if you find the matching keeper, all the better. N.B.: The belt was stiched around the button fitting on the brocade belt, which was lined in dark blue or other uniform cloth.

97026.png

• Like 2

New example added - will eventually post the examples from my own collection. Every state had it's own pattern of Feldbinde, sometimes several variations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Came across a pair of WW2 belt samples. I've not seen sales samples before and thought they were pretty interesting, possibly rare items?

20210315_120529.jpg

20210315_120549.jpg

20210315_120634.jpg

• Like 3

Samples would certainly be interesting, especially if the original label were still attached.

• Like 2