How to spot a fake Afrika cuff title

John333

So I came across this cuff title online and I was wondering what to look for in cuff titles to spot their authenticity particularly with Afrika cuff titles like this one ? 

B9C69F64-A084-4443-8EF1-01948A924A48.jpeg

01B5A893-B2F0-4435-A0D9-8A412B8A7BE2.jpeg

B566F032-DEBE-4160-9339-32815FDCFBB8.jpeg

F7A10C18-6851-452D-841C-019F366D5E62.jpeg

C31A1C98-EF27-4373-8BB7-4D472F8F9A9D.jpeg

C0F0D8E6-3345-4822-8CEB-673B23E4D18F.jpeg

AB06EAF2-E034-417E-AE25-DD796BC9B209.jpeg

• Like 4

My opinion is it’s fake firstly the gap in the palm trees doesn’t look big enough and also the breaded piping that runs along the top and bottom isn’t flush with the edge.

• Like 4

This one here is a definite stated copy, the embroidery is nicely done, the edge braid is straight. Originals are stated to be made of camel hair cloth. I would say the one pictured above is a worn original, the lining at the back also looks correct for the period.
The Lufwaffe had it's own version on dark blue.
Not to be confused with the AFRIKAKORPS title,which was a part of the uniform, copies of these are in almost the exact weave of the originals, and maybe more difficult.

Ärmelband AFRIKA / Afrikakorps Effekten – Josch's Sammlung – Militaria –  Sammlung & Verkauf

Ärmelband Afrikakorps Wehrmacht Heer WK2 - Josef Pfanzelter Militaria

Afrikakorps title, unissued

A worn and removed from the uniform example, edges are folded back, note weave to rear.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fritz said:

This one here is a definite stated copy, the embroidery is nicely done, the edge braid is straight. Originals are stated to be made of camel hair cloth. I would say the one pictured above is a worn original, the lining at the back also looks correct for the period.
The Lufwaffe had it's own version on dark blue.
Not to be confused with the AFRIKAKORPS title,which was a part of the uniform, copies of these are in almost the exact weave of the originals, and maybe more difficult.

Ärmelband AFRIKA / Afrikakorps Effekten – Josch's Sammlung – Militaria –  Sammlung & Verkauf

Afrikakorps title, unissued

A worn and removed from the uniform example, edges are folded back, note weave to rear.

I thought the top one looked worn too but the dealer id advertising it as unissued 

• Like 4

It's ok if you can accept the wear and tear. Most wear and tear has occured the post-war years or while being a prisoner of war, otherwise a uniform in service, etc. was always impeccable or at least repaired to an acceptable standard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi John, sorry I had to delete your last post as it went against the forum rules, as it had a commercial watermark on it, not fair on the seller if the comments are negative and they cannot reply 

• Like 2

No problem John :thumbsup:  yes I would have gone for the top one too 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1