Postal charges for an Iron cross

Fritz

I got this EK2 recently for someone else, it was offered for 45 Euros, so I thought that is ok, but no ribbon.
The mark on the ring is a "U" as was stated, nobody knows which maker this was. I then got a convincing opionion
from someone, who may be counted as an "expert", and he stated, it is actually an "S" lengthwise and only half
visible, this I found convincing, it had not occurred to me. The "S" is stated to be Hofjuwelier Hugo Schaper in Berlin,
a renowned Crown Juweller, but not so well known for EKs. So I was quite pleased with that, apart from which, the
EK itself is of a very unusual and exceptionally fine quality as seldom encountered with EKs and has never been cleaned,
no rust.  The excellent quality is not apparent in the pictures!
So I packed the EK in a parcel, which then weighed 200 grams, but I was astonished when the post office said 17,99 for a sign for parcel (with DHL) within the EU, which I then  grudgingly paid. Apparently the DHL has raised it's prices at the beginning of the year by launching it's so-called "Konjunkturpaket" to reduce it's losses due to the present crisis.
This is just a warning about rising postage costs, have never paid so much for such a small package and that within
the EU to another country on the border, it would be almost cheaper to deliver the things there personally.

grafik.thumb.png.74356d5fc757dffe9f89a0f3a2c2aed2.png

grafik.thumb.png.8157a4421b41d8203b3e34c0127f697e.png

grafik.thumb.png.1b5391729082290a9842e684d62b66e2.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

• Kenny Andrew changed the title to Postal charges for an Iron cross

Nice Iron cross but very expensive shipping ! 

• Like 2

Apparently the DHL has raised it's prices at the beginning of the year by launching it's so-called "Konjunkturpaket" to reduce it's losses due to the present crisis. The trouble is, that many closed postal branches have been replaced by little kiosks and newsagents calling themselves Paket Shops etc.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1