Books of significance?

Skylinechili

I'm patiently going through many books now in my collection. Some Old, some signed. Some have wonderful hand paintings and sketches. Until I learn to better read German, most will just be packed away. I'm going to post photos and will add more as I go. Please comment if one stands out as significant or feel free to just discuss if you see something interesting! 

20210219_204546.jpg

20210219_204614.jpg

20210219_205314.jpg

20210219_205758.jpg

20210219_210916.jpg

20210219_210117.jpg

20210219_210230.jpg

20210219_215553.jpg

20210219_215606.jpg

20210219_210855.jpg

20210219_210412.jpg

20210219_224451.jpg

20210219_223933.jpg

20210219_224506.jpg

• Like 5

These are all wonderful books with important historical content, no comparison to history books today, unfortunately the condition is not the best in some examples, nevertheless, these books are quite valuable today, however, it is rather difficult to sell books at the moment, as the demand is not the same as a few years back, not the fault of the books.
The small volume "Illustrierte Geschichte des Weltkriegs 1914/15 is quite well known and quite a few were printed for the general public, they were well texted and well illustrated, I think there was a series of several volumes.
The open page with the uniform illustrations can be well in demand, as they are nicely done and absolutely informative, and can bring high prices.
Best to check places like "books on demand" and ZVAB = Zentrales Verzeichnis Antiquarischer Bücher - another address is Antiquariat Ehbrecht in Celle, all on internet, Ehbrecht has some very high prices and even buys complete libraries, noted a couple of years back, they purchased nearly all the books from a leading Hamburg militaria business, which decided to give up their book section, which was rather a shame.

• Like 5

Could you perhaps post a few more illustrations from this book?  These works were very instructive and informative, reprints were available about 30 years ago, since gone. This plate shows all the uniform details of all the regiments and units of the VI. Army Corps, 1900.

grafik.png.8d0a81f5aa6cee111f0f0b8b4868dc23.png

• Like 3

These are really nice plates, good basis for every historical collection.

Do you have the one for the Garde-Korps ?

• Like 2

The Pour le Mérite A-Z two volumes are very much in demand and are highly priced, there are also reprints available. A friend of mine also got the originals recently, very underpriced. The NSDAP uniform plate is also quite valuable, unfortunate that the condition is poor. However, it is not easy to get a justified price for books today when selling, but the demand is definitely still there. Some interesting books, personal dedications from the period make it also very interesting and can raise the price.

• Like 3

I think the  " About the battle and victory of German Soldiers" is very interesting. Not sure if it's rare but it contains 24 prints from war correspondent. I took photos of the first three in the portfolio. 

Correct, the NSDAP plate isn't in great condition, however beneath the old plastic the condition is nicer than represented in the photo I took. The top corners not so much..

The first edition Trail of the Fox, any value there?

• Like 3

A post-war publication by David Irvine. Original wartime publications are always more valuable. However, if it is a useful book with much information, and if no longer available, it could be worth more if in demand.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hindenburg Denkmal I also have, a nice book. Next book with very decorative cover Deutschlands Größter Held - I wonder who is meant?
2 books about the War against France 1870/71
2 small leaflets (left wing) with incitement to hatred of the authorities - a subversive leaflelt, and very illegal in it's day. Overprinted with a call for a demonstration on Wednesday, 5 O'clock at the Wilhelmsplatz (in Berlin) !
NSDAP leaflet urging people to vote for Liste 1 - Adolf Hitler
Another anti nazi leaflet of the Social Democrats (later illegal party) early 1933
Another illegal leaflet calling for a demonstration on 3. January 1933 responsable is an extreme left group of the Communists and Proletarier (no wonder they had to build camps for people like this)
Olympic games magazine 1936
Some documents,  a Steuerkarte and Steuerbuch for 1923, compulsory for all wage earners. (tax documents)

• Like 2