close combat clasp in gold.

Wolf

Hi. Here is a close combat clasp I bought a few years back. I'm dead sure it's a fake, but have seen these for sale on reputable retail on line shops as genuine. Research tells me the clasp & pin set up do not match the maker. Any thoughts. Cheers Wolf.

DSC00289.JPG

DSC00290.JPG

DSC00291.JPG

DSC00292.JPG

DSC00293.JPG

DSC00294.JPG

DSC00295.JPG

• Like 5

99%of gold CCC are fake, the award itself was rarely awarded. A few genuine lower grade CCC have been reworked in the past to appear gold. You really need provenance that’s solid if you were to purchase one and deep pockets. 

• Like 5

The gold finish looks too nice to be wholesome, the iron backing plate has a gun-blued finish, it would be more a colourless dark irongrey tone, and the rust just does not look convincing, all just perfect. Usually most badges were of zink, the finish just does not last on these, as seen on many Bronze class examples still surviving.
The Gold claps were often awarded personally by Hitler, this was a special privelege to the recipient, as it was a seldom awarded decoration and highly regarded.

Here is one photo of Himmler with recipients of the Nahkampfspange in Gold

Nahkampfspange – Wikipedia

• Like 4

Thanks so much guys. I am aware of their scaresness & how many were awarded & also the fact that there was a faction who believed this award was harder to win than a Knights Cross. I knew it would not be real as I paid about lets say in English money 100 pounds = $200 Aussie. I have a silver & bronze as well. I just love their look & what a soldier had to endure to win this award. Wolf.

• Like 5

• 3 years later...

Hi Gentlemen, finally found a section for close combat clasp, this one is rather in bronze, what you all think of it? how much a genuine should worth. 

Description: The close combat clasp bronze with stamp FLL backside from producer Friedrich Linden. The plate backside in center is magentic. Close combat clasp was lent for hart near fights.

K800_IMG_9274.JPG

K800_IMG_9275.JPG

K800_IMG_9276.JPG

K800_IMG_9277.JPG

K800_IMG_9278.JPG

K800_IMG_9279.JPG

K800_IMG_9280.JPG

• Like 4

Hello Patrick, well prices for this item can vary depending on condition and maker, typically from what I have seen recently they were selling in the 600-euro range at auctions; however, I have also seen them as low at $450-500 USD from certain dealers. But it always comes down to what you are willing to pay and what you think it's worth to you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gildwiller1918 said:

Hello Patrick, well prices for this item can vary depending on condition and maker, typically from what I have seen recently they were selling in the 600-euro range at auctions; however, I have also seen them as low at $450-500 USD from certain dealers. But it always comes down to what you are willing to pay and what you think it's worth to you. 

Thank You for your input, it's going only for 220usd, it may be too good to be true.

• Like 4

Send me a PM with the site info, I will take a closer look, and perhaps give you some better feedback.

• Like 3

I've never seen an FLL with this type of four tab backplate, they were usually just vertically crimped. 

• Like 3

Yes, the backplate does not look original to the badge...

• Like 3