Japanese helmet to identificate

Hador

Got this helmet for my collection but can't identificate it. It's steel, magnetic but very light. I think it's something like civil defence.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

• Like 4

Hello Hador, welcome to the forum, It is an unusual helmet, but I agree with you that it is a civil defence helmet.  A military helmet would always have a star to the front. It is unusual to see the four air vent holes which were a feature of the military type 90 helmets. I have never seen a civil defence helmet with these military style vent holes before.  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, kenny andrew said:

Hello Hador, welcome to the forum, It is an unusual helmet, but I agree with you that it is a civil defence helmet.  A military helmet would always have a star to the front. It is unusual to see the four air vent holes which were a feature of the military type 90 helmets. I have never seen a civil defence helmet with these military style vent holes before.  

Thanks. That's why i decided to post it here. Maybe someone will identificate it.

• Like 4

I'm sure someone will know exactly what it is, sometimes these things just take a little time until the right person comes along  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

No pictures?

• Like 3

Possibly early cold war period, certainly civil defence.

• Like 3