WW2 British Pattern '22 Tunic

Gildwiller1918

Just picked up a nice unissued pattern 1922 tunic, dated 1943. This pattern is very similar to the 1902 pattern used in WW1. A nice well marked tunic, large size as well. It has 2 belt hooks and green Bakelite economy type general service buttons. 

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4673.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4675.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4670.JPG

IMG_4672.JPG

IMG_4676.JPG

IMG_4677.JPG

IMG_4678.JPG

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
On 05/08/2020 at 20:40, Gildwiller1918 said:

Just picked up a nice unissued pattern 1922 tunic, dated 1943. This pattern is very similar to the 1902 pattern used in WW1. A nice well marked tunic, large size as well. It has 2 belt hooks and green Bakelite economy type general service buttons. 

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4673.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4675.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4670.JPG

IMG_4672.JPG

IMG_4676.JPG

IMG_4677.JPG

IMG_4678.JPG

I have just got one too. But I think you mean it's the simplified NS pattern jacket (there is no such thing as 1922 pattern so dont fall into that trap) and I also think you are referring to the 1907 pattern jacket when you say 1902 pattern. Also yours has the plastic GS buttons instead of brass ones which is quite nice.

• Like 5

Awesome, thanks for the info. I admit, British tunics are not my area of specialty. 

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

I had one of these also, nice uniform. Almost exactly the same as the older pattern, this had a khaki drill lining, the older pattern had white.
You should also try to get the cap to match, they remained unchanged till at least 1960

• Like 4

You should try to get an earlier one with the brass buttons, they are nice. I had a WW1 Coldstream Guards tunic, complete with the red shoulder flashes, and the brass shoulder titles which I managed to complete, brass rose over CG.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I will keep an eye out for the cap and tunic with brass buttons, those are not easy to find where I am at unfortunately. 

• Like 4