Bayonet display

Gildwiller1918

I have decided to display some of my WW1 era Bayonets by using resin made stands that resemble the muzzle of the corresponding rifle. I think it turned out nicely. I am just missing one bayonet now to finish the display, the Mauser Kar98A, which are hard to find and heavily faked. 

IMG_4088.JPG

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 3

Nice display, I like the framed newspapers a nice backdrop for the bayonets.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Thanks Leon, I try not to waste any space when it comes to militaria, as it can easily take up a lot!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

There was no particular bayonet issued or made  for the Kar 98(a). These were initially for the cavalry and no bayonet was issued. As from November 1914, the cavalry were gradually issued with bayonets and the swords were withdrawn from frontline use. Generally used were the 98/05, the 84/98 or the 1914 bayonets.

The display looks like a museum, ever thought of opening to the public for a small fee?

• Like 4

Thanks for the compliment Fritz, but there are too many rules in place to make it worthwhile to me, maybe in the future...

• Like 3