Magazine "Die Wehrmacht" from 1939

Fritz

Finally found the magazine I have been looking for for years. As I had only been able to photograph the remaining pages of a partly surviving copy, I was not certain which publication or issue. For a long time I suspected it could be the magazine "Die Wehrmacht" (publ. by Oberkommando der Wehrmacht), and was either late 1939 or at the latest May 1940. This I discovered last week at an internet address in Speyer (Rheinland-Pfalz, city with a famous romanic cathedral). The magazine turned out to be issue 23 from 8. November 1939 of Die Wehrmacht. The reason for my interest was the article about Kampfgeschwader 26 and Walter Neusüß, who is depicted in the photos, some of which I include here, as also appeared in previous articles under his name. Walter Neusüß is the man in the middle of the group of 3 airmen.

The pages of adverts from the period are also very interesting. The back page shows the first 14 Ritterkreuze awarded after the outbreak of war. Some names will be familiar to the readers. The magazine appeared twice monthly and was discontinued as from about mid 1944.
(8.5.2017)

die-wehrmacht-es-geht-gegen-england-heft-nr-23-8-november-1939~2.jpg

die-wehrmacht-es-geht-gegen-england-heft-nr-23-8-november-1939~3.jpg

die-wehrmacht-es-geht-gegen-england-heft-nr-23-8-november-1939~4.jpg

Centre, Walter Neusüß

die-wehrmacht-es-geht-gegen-england-heft-nr-23-8-november-1939~5.jpg

diewehrmacht.jpg

Centre: Walter Neusüß

diewehrmacht2.jpg

diewehrmacht3.jpg

• Like 4