Emsland Cuff Titles

Gwar

Hello, I hope all has been well here. This is my newest piece, The Emsland Cuff Title. I will add more info soon.. G

100_0066.JPG

100_0067.JPG

100_0068.JPG

Foto-AK-RAD-Mann-in-Uniform-mit-aermelband-Emsland.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice Gwar, most of these I see are cut down for some reason, good to see one which still has the maker mark.   

• Like 5

Thanks Kenny Andrew, Leon21 and phantom ! Kenny, Yes, good observation, we see these cut down for various reasons, the most common is that they were hand sewn on usually by the recipient and would have been worn on the left sleeve. They are also seen on 'Greatcoats' whether or not regulation which in my opinion would have a larger circumference than that of the tunic so, the length does vary on some, usually it is at a bout 41mm or so. I have also noticed the Emsland award document ( there were a few different types ) have the cuff title cut down and placed with the document or group photographs..  There are period pics that the cuff title is seen on the wrong sleeve too.. Not regulation and most likely a Arbeitsmann mistake..

10080682.jpg

10105469.jpg

N053776thumb.jpg

Screenshot (380).png

em.jpg

• Like 5

Generally, NSDAP, civil and political organisations wore the armband on the left cuff, army and Luftwaffe, on the right cuff.

• Like 5

Very nice Gwar, could you let the members know a little history about the the Emsland cuff title and it's award criteria.   

• Like 4

However, when Gwar says wrong sleeve, yes, but there must be a reason for that. Who knows nowadays?

• Like 3