Luftwaffe Straight Leg trousers

Gildwiller1918

Here is a pair of LW straight leg trousers, or M35 Luftwaffe langehosen, in near mint condition. I have also seen them referred to as M37 and M40 trousers. One small moth nip on the seat area, and some missing nap, but it is not easy to see. These have really gotten expensive over the last few years and are getting really hard to find as well. Naturally there are many reproductions available as well. In 1942 the tapered style pants came out to use with the ankle boots and gaiters. 

IMG_3715.JPG

IMG_3719.JPG

IMG_3720.JPG

IMG_3717.JPG

IMG_3712.JPG

IMG_3713.JPG

IMG_3714.JPG

IMG_3716.JPG

• Like 3

Very nice set. These would have been worn with the four-pocket tunic and shoes. Note the trouser bottoms have inside a ribbon-like tape, which prevents wear against the shoes, also seen on most civilian trouers till at least the early 1990s, I remember all gents outfitters / Ausstatter  had trousers with this inner band, something you don't see in other countries (and typical of German gent's clothing), now discontinued, everything now more jeans-style!

This would not have been the trousers as worn with Fliegerbluse and high boots. These would have been issued separately!

• Like 3

Thanks Fritz, I have been after a pair of these for awhile, yes the craftsmanship is very good. Most of the trousers I have encountered are mostly the flared breeches, and other officer items. The enlisted versions are the hardest to find. Just need a nice set of suspenders for them. 

• Like 3

That's correct, breeches are still easier to find, straight trousers were mostly worn out in the post-war years.

• Like 2