MG 08/15 Water Can

New Item I just got in, MG 08/15 water/steam can. This is a late war model with steel fittings instead of the early war brass types. When I got it in it was virtually stripped of any paint, so I painted it with a suitable feldgrau paint. It does have an interesting marking, a stylized "HM" with a crown below it. Don't have any idea on that yet. These cans were used to help fill the water jacket on the MG 08 and the 15 models, as well as keep them cool so they could still function. They are now being reproduced, and originals are drying up. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

IMG_3659.JPG

IMG_3660.JPG

IMG_3663.JPG

• Like 3

Another new item, the MG08/15 soaking can, this was used for the booster on the end of the barrel to help cool and clean it as it received a lot of use. The booster was disassembled and placed inside (see diagram). Inside there was a small block of wood to help hold the nose cone in place. The can itself is in good shape with most of the original paint. 

Soak2.jpg

IMG_3669.JPG

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3668.jpg

• Like 3