Dress Helmet Identification, British?

Fritz

Here is a screenshot from a documentary about the British Royal Family, concerning the Duke of Windsor and his choice - an image of a presumably British official wearing a uniform with a ceremonial dress helmet similar to a Pickelhaube - all leather with gilt metal fittings, not further identified. Best image available, not clear whether a spike or crest decorates the top of the helmet.
Can anyone give any information on this piece and it's function or role?

snapshot.jpg

As seen on film below, position at 24:28 min./sec.

• Like 3

Very odd, initially I thought it was a fire brigade helmet but if you let the film run for a second or two more you can see a German style cockade. Did any other nations use a German style cockade?  The brass trim also seems to run right around the base of the helmet rather then just the front and back of on a Pickelhaube. 

• Like 3

Other nations with a German style cockade, not that I can think of, possibly some Latin American countries, Chile, Argentina, etc. The helmet plate is a shield with a heraldic coat of arms, shield surmounted by an ornamentation in place of a crown and lions to each side? The top seems to have some sort of crest.

• Like 3

I think if we can work out what the occasion of the visit was, that could give us a clue. There appears to be two soldiers wearing the exact same uniform so that would possibly rule out an official and make it more likely guards, also when he gets out the car their is an officer behind him who appears to be wearing non British medals. Here is a side view of the helmet showing the cockade and trim running around the entire base of the helmet.    

screenshot-www.treasurebunker.com-2020-01-05-09-10-53-073.jpeg

• Like 3

Could well be a state visit to another country.

• Like 3

Yes I'm thinking France at the end of WW1 but can't seem to find anymore footage of the visit. 

• Like 3

Definitely not France with that type of helmet and the atmosphere is definitely pre-WW2. Europe changed radically after the war.

• Like 3