NSKK Uniform

Gildwiller1918

This is an example of the Speer collar tabs (source: internet)

NSKK-21.jpg

• Like 3

In one photo two of the NSKK persons are wearing an army style breast eagle on the "wrong" side (left), breast eagles were otherwise always worn on right side.
Any explanation for this? Most of the NSKK rank patches look identical to the SS version, the ranks are also identical, preceeded by NSKK-

• Like 2

Yes Fritz, I noticed that as well. I have been researching it. So far I can find nothing on why they are wearing the eagle on the wrong side of the tunic. Typically if the NSKK men were on detached service to the army, they wore Army style tunics with insignia, so the Eagles should on the correct side. From what I have read, there was a myriad of changes/rules from 1942 onwards describing uniform wear. I just don't have a good answer yet, that is partially why I am posting these type of pictures, to show how the uniforms differed immensely. 

Another thing I am researching is the NSKK sleeve eagle, it went from the wearer's right arm to the left arm, sometime in 1938/39, but I still cannot find an exact date or order for this. There seems to be a missing portion of paperwork on this, but not surprising as a lot of things were lost or destroyed during the war. 

• Like 3

The main difference on the SS and NSKK collar tabs was size. The NSKK collar tabs are 40mm high and 58mm long, while SS ones (typically) are 40mm high and 55mm. But yes as far as the ranks go, very similar to SS style. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some new fake material for the collar tabs that is on the market now. The 5mm wide silver/black tresse is the same worn by SS units as well. I have it up against a newly made reproduction collar tab to show how it looks. In the last picture you can see a small white sliver of the underlying material. Beware of fakes, NSKK collar tabs, especially with this tresse are very rare, and not easy to find. A lot of vendors sell SS collar tabs that could easily be NSKK ones as well, however SS ones are usually 3-5 times more expensive. 

IMG_3500.JPG

IMG_3501.JPG

IMG_3502.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

When NSKK personnel wore the necktie with the uniform, they typically wore a pin just below the knot. Similar in wear to the armbands, party members wore the party pin on the tie, in conjunction with the party sleeve armband. NSKK members who were not party members, wore the NSKK necktie pin, along with the NSKK armband. The example below is the silvered version which was worn by NSKK personnel, there was a gold gilt colored one for NSKK marine units. This example is marked with a RZM logo, along with M 1/76 for Motorstandarte 78, 1st company, which was from Ansback, part of Gruppe Niederrhein. 

Note, I have noticed in many pictures that as the war went on, the use of these pins started to diminish. They are most noticeable on pre-war uniforms or members on staff or school duty. 

IMG_3584.JPG

IMG_3583.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the tunic as it would have looked with all the items present. The rank is now that of a Truppfuhrer, and the shirt and tie are modern, but they are as close to the originals as I can get. The shirt requirement was that it was an olive drab cotton or wool shirt, and the necktie had to be a brown that was similar in color to the collar. It is surprisingly hard to find shirts and ties in these materials and colors. On the necktie is the party pin, which mirrored the armband. The belt is the political type, but black, with two cross strap keepers. Also worn is the SA Sports badge and a ribbon bar for the War Service and West Wall medal. NSKK men, were involved in the West Wall construction and the KVK was often awarded for their service during the war, however NSKK could also be eligible for combat related awards.

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3735.jpg

• Like 3

Another new collar tab, 11/M52 which was for the 11th Motorsturm of Motorstandarte Neuweid which was part of Motorgruppe Westmark. Neuwied is in the Rhineland close to Koblenz. This tab has the RZM paper tag on the reverse, which is not uncommon for uniform removed tabs such as this. The few examples I that have seen, had similar tags. 

IMG_3736.JPG

IMG_3737.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Nice photo of NSKK men in various uniforms, and headgear. 

Rc192d9c8b895d591261273031f912502.jpg

• Like 3

Motorsturm (singular) - "Neuwied" (Nordrhein-Westfalen)

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

New set of collar tabs, 32nd Motorsturm of Motorstandarte 153, located in Berlin, under the Motorgruppe Berlin. Remnants of the RZM label on the reverse side, visible threads of where it was removed from a tunic. 

IMG_7137.JPG

IMG_7138.JPG

IMG_7140.JPG

• Like 3

Hauptscharführer, there are remains of previous pins on the rear.

• Like 3

I just purchased a small collection of collar tabs, I will post images soon.

• Like 2

On 29/12/2023 at 05:49, Fritz said:

Hauptscharführer, there are remains of previous pins on the rear.

Fritz, I did manage to find an extra rank pip in my bin of odds and ends, it's not as worn but it matches. 

IMG_7141.JPG

• Like 3

You should put your "bin" items with the rest of the collection, displayable as they are. This would be an Untersturmführer?

• Like 3

Hello Fritz, 3 pips would be a Sturmführer. My bin items are odds and ends such as helmet parts, buckles, buttons, pins, etc. Some are displayable; however, I do not have the space to display them properly. 

• Like 3

Here is a marked NSKK cross strap that I have.

A3BD903A-19CA-4701-A014-A92B2A3D5D86.thumb.jpeg.16c637c6bd3774de6019f8caa04ad611.jpeg

E632D597-9134-4D82-82BB-1D40C8770BE2.jpeg

• Like 4

Here is a marked NSKK cross strap that I have.

A3BD903A-19CA-4701-A014-A92B2A3D5D86.thumb.jpeg.16c637c6bd3774de6019f8caa04ad611.jpeg

• Like 4

Nice to see complete with D-Ring attachments, these are often missing, and rather hard to complete

• Like 4

Here is another new collar tab I got, 14th Motorsturm of Motorstandarte 92, located in Innsbruck, under the Motorgruppe Brig. Tirol

IMG_7155.JPG

IMG_7156.JPG

• Like 4

16th Motorsturm of Motorstandarte 75, located in Düsseldorf, under the Motorgruppe Niederrhein

IMG_7151.JPG

IMG_7152.JPG

• Like 4

34th Motorsturm of Motorstandarte 155, located in Chemnitz, under the Motorgruppe Sachsen

IMG_7153.JPG

IMG_7154.JPG

• Like 4

6th Motorsturm of Motorstandarte 47, located in Kassel, under the Motorgruppe Hessen

IMG_7146.JPG

IMG_7147.JPG

• Like 4

Staff Personnel Collar Tab of Motorstandarte 151, located in Mannheim, under the Motorgruppe Westmark

IMG_7149.JPG

IMG_7150.JPG

• Like 4

Lehrstürme (Training companies), of Motorstaffel II, Motorstandarte 16, located in Schleswig, under Motorgruppe Nordmark. 

IMG_7157.JPG

IMG_7158.JPG

• Like 4