WW2 Luftwaffe Manual

Gildwiller1918

Here is a WW2 dated (1942) Luftwaffe Field manual/handbook. Basic information such as marching, saluting, marksmanship and even how to wash yourself. Similar to the soldiers manual the US troops used. 

IMG_2901.JPG

IMG_2902.JPG

IMG_2903.JPG

IMG_2904.JPG

• Like 5

I've seen that book offered quite a few times with various editions, 1936, 1939, 1943, prices ranging from 65-90 Euros. Has a brochure type cover. Would be interesting to browse through.
The publisher Ernst Mittler is back in business again, after having disappeared from the scene for many years. Their publications are usually marine technology, but also some historical topics.

• Like 4

I will post some more pictures of the interior for you.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the pictures I promised...I liked the picture that shows the cabinet and where the gear goes. I had a chance to buy such a cabinet several years ago, however shipping would have costed a fortune, way more that the cabinet costed. 

IMG_3016.JPG

IMG_3018.JPG

IMG_3019.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3023.JPG

IMG_3024.JPG

IMG_3025.JPG

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3027.JPG

IMG_3029.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

N.B.: Ehrenbezeigungen mit und ohne Kopfbedeckung (!)

With headdress, right hand touches the peak of cap.

Without headdress, right hand raised high as in pics. 23 and 24 (Der "Deutsche" Gruß)

• Like 3

If you want to see any more pictures from this just let me know. I have a Flak Manual coming as well, that should be interesting. 

• Like 3

Here are a few more pages...

IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3034.JPG

IMG_3033.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG

IMG_3036.JPG

• Like 4

More pictures would be much appreciated!  Man lernt nie aus!

Always heard, black was the colour for Bautruppen and also RLM, Reichsluftfahrtministerium -

stated here: black for Bautruppen -
with RLM, stated is "Farbe der Stammtruppe", i.e., the colour of their previous troop (various colours), along with the letters 'RLM' on shoulder boards.

Interesting are the etiquette and strict formalities which had to be observed and maintained

• Like 3

Here some more pictures...

IMG_3043.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG

IMG_3048.JPG

IMG_3049.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

IMG_3051.JPG

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

image.png.244a2151002939dab2d0bd1d44ec1ff4.png

This page is from the 1943 edition (example). They were updated each year.

• Like 4

Here is the same from my edition, page 296. Slightly different than yours.

IMG_3059.JPG

• Like 3

The 1943 version has two badges more. The badge to the right of the cuff titles has no designation, this is E-Meßpersonal der Flakartillerie (Entfernungsmesser), issued with and without edge cord, also with golden edge cord.

• Like 4

I noticed that, was they wear of these badges commonplace during the war? I have only seen a few images of LW personnel wearing occupational badges.

• Like 4

You don't often see them in photos, just certain types, such as Flugmeldedienst, also some of the badges of the Flakartillerie are frequently seen, esp. top right.

• Like 4

Another question on the LW badges, I have seen some with gold braiding around the edges, sometimes silver as well, is this for a proficiency level? 

• Like 4

The silver was for Unteroffiziere (see last picture). The gold was proficiency and there was even a nice document to go with it.
Example: For drivers

image.thumb.png.941297e81bb2ac32c8ad1a027c64e95f.png

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Gildwiller1918 said:

Here is the same from my edition, page 296. Slightly different than yours.

IMG_3059.JPG

• Like 3

Awesome, thanks Fritz! 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some more images.

IMG_3129.JPG

IMG_3130.JPG

IMG_3131.JPG

IMG_3132.JPG

IMG_3133.JPG

IMG_3134.JPG

IMG_3135.JPG

IMG_3136.JPG

• Like 5

• 4 years later...

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/ehrenfried-tschoeltsch-a-bf87a92e-0002-0001-0000-000043064995

About the author

Ehrenfried Tschoeltsch, 60, Generalmajor außer Diensten in Darmstadt, früher Kommandeur der Luftwaffen-Unteroffizierschulen und Bearbeiter der Rekruten-Fibel »Der Dienstunterricht in der Luftwaffe«, fahndete bis vor kurzem während seiner Spaziergänge nach Übertretern der Verkehrsvorschriften, die er der Polizei anzeigte. Inzwischen hat der General seine Tätigkeit als selbstbestallter Helfer der Polizei eingestellt, nachdem er ihr zehn Verkehrsteilnehmer - »wegen völliger Nichtbeachtung aller Verkehrsregeln« - gemeldet hatte.
Der Spiegel 52/1956

Ehrenfried Tschoeltsch, 60, Generalmajor a.D. in Darmstadt, former commander of the Lufwaffen-Unteroffiziersschulen and author of the recruits handbook "Der Dienstunterricht in der Luftwaffe", during his regular walks, kept watch on traffic offenders, which he reported to the police. In the meantime, the self-appointed assistant of the police, since having reported 10 traffic participants "for complete disregard of traffic rules".

What a comedown for a former general!    Luckily, he was not living in the DDR, where observing and reporting your fellow citizens was a sort of national sport (Stasi-Spitzel & Helfer der Volkspolizei)

image.jpeg.1cac6c1c36bd98149860bca7aa8b02c8.jpeg

A photo from the Reichswehr period

• Like 2