British WW1 Victory Medal

Gildwiller1918

Here is WW1 British Victory Medal, number 30215 for Pte. R. Douglas. York & Lank.R. From what I could find out, he is not listed as a casualty on the unit roster, so I am guessing he made it through the conflict. Anyone recommend a good site to research the British unit rosters/histories? 

IMG_2613.JPG

IMG_2614.JPG

IMG_2615.JPG

IMG_2616.JPG

IMG_2617.JPG

IMG_2618.JPG

• Like 3

There are a few good sites, including the Government Ministry of Defence site, which is at Kew Gardens, Richmond - they are somewhere on internet, but I think you have to pay a certain fee for each of these, it may well be worth while, you can also order copies and digital images of the service records and the medal records, etc. I think Leo could give you more information. Also, "Ancestry" (online) may have some information, there you would at least have to register.

• Like 2

I did find one site, but they want you to register for "free", then the next page you have to provide your credit card to gain access, not that interested, lol. 

• Like 3

Have you got the Silver War Medal to go with it? Most  who served got both medals.

• Like 2

No, this one did not have the accompanied medal unfortunately. 

• Like 1