Deactivated MG-34

Here is my Deactivated MG-34, it is built on a aluminum receiver, plugged up, all the usual stuff. Marked dot 1944. Cant have all the accessories without the gun...The Mg-34 comes with the spider AA sight, bipod and nice bakelite butt stock. It is a typical dummy gun, loaded with mismatched parts, but displays well. Also I do have two of the double 50 count drum ammo cans "Gurttrommel" and "Gurttrommeltrager" for the carriers. The first one pictured has all original paint, the second one had the drums coated in the post war green color. I had them stripped and repainted, they look nice now. 

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1484.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1486.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

• Like 6

Super condition, "arsenalgepflegt", they would say. A very late production for an MG34, by then, the MG42, an enormous improvement, was well under production.
Do you have one of these as well?   Most of these nowadays are either from postwar Yugo-production or Yugo-reused and re-stamped.

The new laws in Europe have now banned de-activated weapons, only a few small parts may now be collected. The so-called vital parts are now prohibited, and may no longer be sold or traded.

image.png.4bc370f33b5fb80f61ddaf18df6e1e05.png

Example, prohibited are now:
Lauf mit Schlitten, Schlagbolzen,
Rahmen, etc. the smaller parts may still be held.

• Like 4

Yes I have a MG42 and another MG34 as well, all deactivated of course. Here is the US, depending on the state in which you live, you can purchase fully functional machine guns, but you have to do a lot of paperwork, apply for licenses, etc. Very expensive and time consuming. That is why I stick to the deactivated types, lot less hassle. I was unaware the laws in Europe had gotten so strict concerning deactivated weapons. 

• Like 5

quite understandable. I have heard that these CAN be owned in the US, some people even fire them, see youtube. Here it would be almost impossible, you would need a Genehmigung from Landesinnenministerium! You would need a damn good reason for wanting one, and would have to prove that you have secure keepings!

• Like 4

Deactivated MG-34s are plentiful right now, but the MG-42's and post war versions are quite hard to find. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have been lookin online for a deactivated mg34 for a very long time. With no luck. Everywhere says they are sold out. Could anyone please help me? I live in the USA

• Like 3

Hello LoC, I will send you a personal message about where you can look for one.

• Like 3

Here is my other MG34, deactivated. Dated 1942, the bipod is dated 1943. 

IMG_4994.JPG

IMG_4992.JPG

IMG_4989.JPG

IMG_4993.JPG

IMG_4996.JPG

IMG_4997.JPG

IMG_4998.JPG

• Like 3

A really nice example. Laminated stock?

• Like 3

Thanks Fritz, It appears to be a solid piece of wood.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

Field stripping and general maintenance of an MG34 - I now have all the answers!!! 😂😂😂😂

1E2040A9-B22D-42AE-A72B-2791CE372D04.jpeg

• Like 5

Stunning! It’s all about the detail👌

• Like 5