WW2 German Slip on Regimental tabs

Gildwiller1918

Here are my WW2 German slip on tabs for regiments/battalions. These were added to the shoulder boards and could be quickly added or removed if the occasion called for it. A cheap and easy way to identify troops in the unit, but also saved on resources and time for production of the shoulder boards. The one in black is for the 220th engineer battalion which was part of the Von Luck kampf group in Normandy in 1944. The 115th I believe was an ersatz unit made up of mainly older men. I don't have anything on the 70th. Maybe Fritz can help out on this. 

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

• Like 4

70 was apparently raised in Kaiserslautern in 1936 under Wehrkreis XII. An abbreviated history can be viewed under:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Infanterieregimenter/IR70.htm

• Like 3

Thanks Fritz, great website. I have been looking for a site that had info on WW2 German regiments, nothing shows up on the online search. Go figure. 

• Like 4

I think this is a very good informative site, it is no way complete and all comprensive, but it is constantly expanded and improved.
When looking online, it is best to use the original German  nomenclature and terms

• Like 4