Army service corp

Buster

I got these medals  from the same source as the k98 bayonet .They are a great war pair awarded to a Percy Gander, army service corp,    his service number is m-297998,  he later went on to serve with  the police & was awarded the special constabulary long service medal, I take it Percy didn't want the expense of getting ribbon bars made, so made his own with cardboard and  little bits on ribbon cut from his medals, the set also came with the badges pictured, & the boxes the decorations came in.

20190805_114052.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Buster, here's some info on Percy Gander aged 27 when he joined up for duty 27.11.15 at Grove Park, lived at 7 St Pancras Terraces Southern Lewes.

Before he joined the army worked for  Ballard & Co Brewers Southern Lewes as a Steam Engine Driver, he was Discharged in 1918 after suffering from

Bronchial Pneumonia which left him with a weak chest.

Here's some documents.

img179.jpg

img184.jpg

img183.jpg

• Like 4

Fantastic Leon, thaks for going to the trouble, I will get those printed off at the weekend, I am still amazed all these records are available after all this time

• Like 4