Hello I am interested to see if anyone has a nice collection of VB grenades, launchers or other related accessories. I have some items myself, which I will post pictures of soon. Thanks in advance!

• Like 4

In the US, VB items are quite hard to come by, even though we adopted them from the French. 

Attached is a view of 2 of my launchers with the respective grenades. On top is the US model 1903 and the bottom is the bulkier German counterpart. 

IMG_0664.JPG

• Like 4

In this picture, is another WW1 German cup launcher, similar to the one on the peg board but it has a three sided sleeve that goes onto the barrel. I am in the process of restoring it. I am having the screw ring made my a metalsmith. 

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

• Like 4

Another one my M1903 launchers with the carrying case. When I got the launcher is was rust covered and nasty looking. I had it turned on a lathe, sanded and re-coated, turned out pretty good. These canvas cases came out in 1919-1920, so they would not be correct for a wartime appearance. Interestingly enough these cases were put back into production at the start of WW2. The US Marines used the VB's quite often in the Pacific theater. Note the small gas port at the base of the cup before the tapered part, 2 of these were drilled in a attempt to reduce gas pressure and wear on the rifle. In the US model a few posts up, that one does not have the holes. The pressure incurred from the launchers could damage the rifles, it is speculated that the M1903 had a extra recoil lug added to counter this effect. 

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

• Like 4

Here is my French VB launcher used on the Berthier and Lebel rifles. 

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

• Like 4

Here is my latest find, a VB Launcher for the US M1917 Enfield rifle. This is the twist on type, with a metal spring band to hold the sight and muzzle firmly while in operation. Un-Dug examples are very hard to find. Near the muzzle of the launcher you can see a knurled band, this was so that soldiers could feel the difference at night or in dark conditions. This version and the version for the M1903 Springfield are virtually identical, the M1903 does not have the knurled band however. 

DSCN4945w.JPG

DSCN4946w.JPG

DSCN4947w.JPG

DSCN4948w.JPG

• Like 4