Royal artillery & rifle brigade medals

Buster

I got these a few days ago, the top three medals where awarded to F.W. Ditzel, his regiment was the Rifle brigade, the lower set are to W.H. Beck , regiment, royal field artillery, there is apparently a family connection ( uncle & nephew). These came  with the badges I posted a couple of days ago

20190607_230621.jpg

20190607_231409.jpg

20190607_231513.jpg

• Like 5

A nice set of medals , pity the British war medal is missing for F.W.Ditzel.

• Like 3

Hi Leon, the BWM  is for Ditzel, the other two are to Beck, the top pic of the star went up first by mistake 

• Like 4

Here's  a Copy of W.H.Beck Medal card, interesting what's written in the correspondence section.

img155.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That is Interesting,  dont  understand why that would be on the  medal card .

• Like 4

Interesting family group Buster especially with the note to the back of the index card. Colin do you have access to the medal cards? Would love to see the cards for my two uncles if they were available? 

Henderson, John  Rank: Serjeant Regiment: 6th Battalion Cameronians. 3249529 John Henderson (377299 this is his new number issued to him as a officer ) to be 2nd Lt. 13th October 1946 SUPPLEMENT TO THE LONDON GAZETTE, 1 APRIL, 1947 page 1485

Caldwell, Thomas Rank: Serjeant Regiment: 12th Battalion. Royal Scots Fusiliers (Carluke) Date of Act Of Bravery: 31 October 1918 Campaign: 1914-1918 War Locale: Audenarde Medal card of Caldwell, Thomas Corps Regiment No 569 Rank Corporal Lancashire Fusiliers Royal Scots Fusiliers 295536 Serjeant SUPPLEMENT TO THE LONDON GAZETTE, 6 JANUARY, 1919 Page .307 No. 295536 Sjt Thomas Caldwell, 12th Bn, R. Sc. Fus. (Carluke). For most conspicuous bravery and initiative in attack near Audenarde on the 31st October, 1918, when in command of a Lewis gun section engaged in clearing a farmhouse. When his section came under intense fire at close range from another farm, Sgt. Caldwell rushed towards the farm, and, in spite of very heavy fire, reached the enemy position, which he captured single-handed, together with 18 prisoners. 

• Like 3

Here is Thomas  Caldwells  medal  card, God know how I did it , but managed to got a free ancestry limited membership ,   it wont let me In to the section about the VC.

Screenshot_20190610-231712_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190610-235013_Photos.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That is a sensation! I haven't managed to get this far, still got all the time in the world to do it?

Picture order can be rectified by "copy & paste", took me long enough to find out.

Ditzel and Beck are both German names!

• Like 3

Yes fritz that's right , I did  notice  whenever I searched  the name ditzell  I got loads of German   contents

• Like 4

On 10/06/2019 at 23:22, Buster said:

Here is Thomas  Caldwells  medal  card, God know how I did it , but managed to got a free ancestry limited membership ,   it wont let me In to the section about the VC.

Screenshot_20190610-231712_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190610-235013_Photos.jpg

Thanks Buster :thumbsup:

• Like 3