How not to restore a vintage weapon!

Absolutely horrible, what he is doing to this old weapon!

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1

I have watched this clown loads of times, he did an old flare pistol & put brass grips on it, I think he has a fixation with brass! He really needs to stop.

• Like 3

He is destroying historical items. It's the same as amateurs, who go digging with metal detectors, esp. in Eastern Europe, they destroy all traces for the archaeologists and for the war graves commissions.

Here, the restoration of a Luger - a WW1 1917 dated example marked ERFURT, more cleaning than restoration, not quite as radical as the first example, interesting, but still a bit skeptical.

• Wow 2
  • Sad 1

Very complicated - again, a nice WW1 Luger, but with replacement plastic grips. These are either a modern commercial product, readily available in the USA etc., or possibly early post WW2 East German production, as they did use Lugers for a short time with the VoPo, until all German weapons were finally replaced by Makarov and other politically correct Soviet produced models.

• Like 3

The first video started out quote promisingly, I thought he was going to re-blue it which would have looked awesome but the way it ended up was just destruction of an historic artifact. Second video was not so bad, but is putting a gun with a live round in, into a fire not really dangerous?         

• Like 3

It certainly sounds dangerous, but he has probably taken enough precautions, and how would you otherwise safely extract a live round under those conditions? I'm sure a proper ordonnance expert would have the correct solution, but they are semi-amateurs, however, still impressive

• Like 2