New bust

Buster

I forgot to put this text in lol.

I picked this up at an antique fair yesterday, there ain't a lot of age to it, but I have been after one for a while, 

20190126_113347.jpg

20190127_145152.jpg

20190127_145244.jpg

20190127_145244.jpg

• Like 3

The bust has a very bronze-like appearance. Is this genuine bronze or just the finish? Most examples of those day were simply bronze-coated.

Here are two older busts, which simply have a bronze finish (a very hard zinc alloy). The first could be dated between 1871 and 1888,
Kaiser Wilhelm I. To the rear of the base is the maker's signet C. Gladbeck, Berlin. The artist's signature: Tondeur, fec. 1878

The smaller bust is of Kaiser Wilhelm II. - in younger days as he looked around 1890. No maker's mark or signature.

100_4501.JPG

100_4502.JPG

• Like 2

I think its brass with a bronze wash or plating , its rubbed of a little on high points

• Like 3

Hi Buster, these are postwar busts but still nice items as long as you did not pay too much for it. 

• Like 3

I thought they could be post-war, although the portrait is accurate, the base somehow does not match the style of the period.

• Like 2

Yes its definitely post war, probably made a fortnight ago lol , sold as repro and only payed £30  for it

Here is one that was among that so called hoard of illegal nazi memorabilia that was found in Argentina last year, it's in the same form , but with a marble base , most of the stuff was repro.

Screenshot_20190128-140529.png

• Like 2

I saw the article about Argentina, how do you they were repro? They were said to be made of solid silver, nobody mentioned repro in the article.
The item in the picture however, does not look like silver...

• Like 2

It was discussed  on several forums & people better versed than me spotted some fake items among the hoard, including that other statue i have.

Have you ever seen one of these before?  Looks strange to me

Screenshot_20190128-163106.png

• Like 2

I haven't seen too much in detail, just general pictures which show a large array of items.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong, thete was some cracking stuff, but also  other not so ! Here are the busts in question. 

Screenshot_20190128-170144.png

• Like 2