Police Buckles

Fritz

Two examples of Police buckles, one of Third Reich, the other Hamburg Police, postwar.
Both of pressed steel with a matt silver finish. The Hamburg police buckle is believed to be originally of the pattern worn in the
Weimar period, before the new 3rd Reich uniform was introduced in mid to late 1930s. However, again worn postwar, and even up till a
few years ago still worn. I have even seen an example with a 1940 dated leather tab, probably applied postwar from surplus stock.

The first buckle came from the estate of a well-known British intelligence officer, who made a collection of all insignia for education for identification purposes, bad postwar storage has led to some rusting. Unfortunately, both without tabs.

Note, these two buckles are of very similar material and construction, both iron and silver finish is very similar.

Many years ago I had a large quantity of Hamburg Police buckles and also the belts, which were all wartime examples.

100_4208.JPG

100_4209.JPG

• Like 2

Here is another example of the Hamburg police buckle. The tabs are always 3rd Reich dated, as the examples I had previously, this one dated 1937, Lüdensheid maker

image.png.9a8c902bbea2a2ee415c9cdcd732006e.png

• Like 3