Ribbon badge

Buster

I picked up this defence medal yesterday at a car boot sale, but  pinned to the ribbon was this little ribbon badge , I have never seen one before & don't know if it's even military related! Any idea guys.

20181027_134440.jpg

• Like 2

The medal looks to be in nice condition - is it named? I have seen quite a few Defence and War Medals that are unnamed. The ribbons probably have some sort of association with the colours of the unit he served in, which would have been reflected in an arm patch or some marking on the steel helmet, this is only guessing.
The red and white first of all strike me as the Polish national colours, the green could be for land forces, and the blue? Or the red, white and blue for the colours of the Union Jack, and the green for (defence of) the green fields of England? Certainly not official, just a personal note. Again, just guessing. Perhaps somebody else could say more.

• Like 3

Never seen anything exactly like that before, it does look contemporary though.  Perhaps something that would have been worn at a  special event where the medal was worn, such as a Jubilee,  Coronation or Royal visit?  

• Like 2

Is there an inscription of the recipient around the edge of the medal?

• Like 2

Afraid not Fritz no inscription , the medal is in great condition, unlike the ribbon , it's a bit short & gruby

• Like 2