Downfall Parodies

leon21

Here's a Bruno Ganz  Interview about Youtube  Downfall  Parodies. 

• Like 2

Here's Part 1 ( Hitler & the Iron Sky ). 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

RIP Bruno Ganz  22 March 1941 – 16 February 2019

Bruno Ganz was a Swiss actor whose career in German-language film and television productions lasted for more than fifty years. He was known for his collaborations with the directors Werner Herzog, Éric Rohmer, Francis Ford Coppola, and Wim Wenders, earning widespread recognition with his roles as Jonathan Zimmerman in The American Friend(1977), Jonathan Harker in Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979) and Damiel the Angel in Wings of Desire (1987).

Ganz received international acclaim for his portrayal of Adolf Hitler in the Oscar-nominated film Downfall (2004), a scene from which became a popular internet meme. He also had roles in several English-language films, including The Boys from Brazil (1978), Strapless (1989), The Manchurian Candidate (2004), The Reader (2008), Unknown (2011) and Remember (2015). On stage, Ganz portrayed Dr. Heinrich Faust in Peter Stein's staging of Faust, Part One and Faust, Part Two in 2000.

From 1996 until his death in 2019, Ganz held the Republic of Austria's Iffland-Ring, which passes from actor to actor — each bequeathing the ring to the next holder, judging that actor to be the "most significant and most worthy actor of the German-speaking theatre". Ganz was also honored with the Order of Merit of Germany and was made a knight of the French Légion d'honneur. 

• Like 5

Nice clip with the comparisons. Yes, I heard recently in the news about Bruno Ganz, he was from Switzerland (R.I.P.), hadn't realised he had been so ill. It just seems like yesterday when I saw that film together with Birgitt, her eldest daughter was also with us, that was in October 2004. Haven't been to the cinema once since!

News article from the Wiener Zeitung:

https://www.wienerzeitung.at/nachrichten/kultur/buehne/1018006_Bruno-Ganz-ist-tot.html?pl

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Fifteen years ago! yes that was the last time I went to the cinema too, and it was also to see Down Fall, it does seem like yesterday.    

• Like 3

That's a coincidence!  May be cured of the cinema for good.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I've not be tempted by anything at the cinemas recently, they just don't make classics anymore, I strongly believe the best films were made in the 70's. Take just one year for example 1977 they made Cross of Iron, Star Wars, A bridge too far, The Spy who loved me, Airport 77, Close encounters of the third kind, MacArthur, Saturday Night fever, Smokey and the bandit, Capricorn One, Stroszek, Are you being served the movie, Sweeney the movie, Abba the movie, Zoltan the hound of Dracula, plus loads more.  Maybe I'm just being nostalgic but I would not know what to pick if they were being shown today, all with great actors too, today we have nothing, but I do miss the hot dogs 😀   

bridge.jpg

sweeney_UKquad-1.jpg

AREYOUBEINGSERVEDBRITISHQUA.jpg

zoltan.jpg

• Like 4

I quite agree, the best films have been made and gone, there is nothing much more to come, you can forget Kino today.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

I find the sub-titles rather annoying - they differ completely from the spoken text, missleading for anyone who cannot understand the German text.
Absolutely unqualified, whoever put in the subtitles.

Parkinson: Late war filmclips

Gif.gif

Gif2.gif

Gif3.gif

• Like 3