HJ proficiency badge

Buster

I bought this badge  at the same time as the DJ badge, as you can see it's an  HJ proficiency badge in silver & unlike the the other, this is not a replacement for a lost badge, it's marked m1/35 so manufactured by Wachtler & Lange

This badge was awarded to seventeen-year-old boys of the Hitler Youth . The members undertook  tests  leading to an award of the badge that consisted of a four-part test, which showed clearly how all HJ training was military oriented.

20180529_191236.jpg

20180529_194141.jpg

• Like 3

Excellent, though not as scarce as the DJ badge.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fritz said:

Excellent, though not as scarce as the DJ badge.

Do you know if the 6 figure number an  issue number to the particular recipient of the award ?

• Like 3

That is exactly what the number is. For the badge was also a small Ausweis or document for the award,
which had the number entered and with the details of the recipient. Same would apply for the DJ badge.

• Like 3

Was awarded in 3  classes, Black, Bronze and Silver. The lowest version in Black seems to be the hardest to find.

• Like 3

I would like all three, but will have to wait for now, flying out to Crete on the 14th for a fortnight  , would love to do some battlefield exploring but can never get Mrs buster away from the beach 

• Like 3

Should take the opportunity. I was also there with someone in 1990, but for a similar reason did also not get far. There is the German war cemetery
in Maleme, mostly paratroopers and Gebirgsjäger. I'm sure there is also a C.W.G.C. Cemetery nearby. Best to look it up on the internet before visiting.
Crete was the last real parachute drop action on the German side, as the losses were over-proportionately high. I am sure there are still a few
interesting scenes to visit.

• Like 2

There is a good War museum on Crete,you should take some photos for the forum if you manage to visit it, but be careful about buying stuff, my pal bought a para badge two years ago from one of the locals for a couple of hundred pounds, the guy swore it had been in his family since the war, turned out to be a top quality fake.

Another of my pals told me about the time he visited about 20 years ago and was asking a local barman if he ever saw German paratroopers helmets, the barman said yes no problem, come back tomorrow and I will get one for you one for £50. My pal said he was dreaming about the helmet all night and could not wait to go back to buy it. When he went back the next day and asked the barman if he had it, the barman said yes and pulled out an original para helmet, the only problem was it still had the soldiers head in it...... My pal quickly made his excuses and exited the bar rather quickly.         

• Like 3

Lol, sounds just about right for some areas in Creta, some of the villages are still a law to themselves. 

• Like 3

On 08/06/2018 at 20:23, kenny andrew said:

There is a good War museum on Crete,you should take some photos for the forum if you manage to visit it, but be careful about buying stuff, my pal bought a para badge two years ago from one of the locals for a couple of hundred pounds, the guy swore it had been in his family since the war, turned out to be a top quality fake.

Another of my pals told me about the time he visited about 20 years ago and was asking a local barman if he ever saw German paratroopers helmets, the barman said yes no problem, come back tomorrow and I will get one for you one for £50. My pal said he was dreaming about the helmet all night and could not wait to go back to buy it. When he went back the next day and asked the barman if he had it, the barman said yes and pulled out an original para helmet, the only problem was it still had the soldiers head in it...... My pal quickly made his excuses and exited the bar rather quickly.         

Das ist nicht nur meldepflichtig, sondern eine Straftat! This must be reported to the authorities, and to illegally harbour human remains or desecrate war graves is a crime!

• Like 2