Help with belt identification

Ross

Anyone able to identify this belt and buckle. Came in a mixed lot. Maybe Italian/Spanish civil war but not sure. 

Many thanks

Ross

belt.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Ross, my computer monitor has just packed in, typing this on an ancient laptop so won't be able to help at the moment as it keeps losing contact with the internet. Hopefully some of the others can help in the meantime, should have a new monitor on Wednesday and can check it out for you then. :thumbsup:

PS we have an Italian officers brockade belt and buckle on our website you could maybe compare with, I can't even post an image of it as this thing keeps cutting out, good old windows xp :(

• Like 2

I would say Italian, with a bluegrey backing, possibly Air Force, and with brocade definitely and officer.  It has a crown, which could well be the Crown of Italy and of that (1930s-1940s) period, the cogwheel would be something to do with Military Engineering or Technical. That is just guessing.

• Like 3

You beat me to it Fritz, I was just about to post the exact same. The crown does look Italian which was only used until 1946 although usually Italian officer buckles carried an eagle. I have checked all my books and can find nothing similar. I would also agree it is something to do with engineering because of the cog wheel. This one is a mystery maybe an Italian collector will be able to confirm?  

• Like 2