SS Wehrpass

Buster

Hi guys, this is a 're post  about the wehrpass  pictured below as the original was accidentally deleted . Fritz had very kindly translated all the information contained within the Wehrpass for me , I had saved most of it , so here is what I have . 

He was born on 17. February 1903 in Alberoda (Saxony).  As you can see, he was registered for conscription on 7. August 1940, so he wasn't called up from the very beginning, that would make him 37 years of age at the time, and he was graded as Ersatz Reserve I and graded as "Kv", "Kriegsverwendungsfähig", but not called up till 30. November 1944 - at over 41 years of age (!) and placed into 3rd company, SS-Totenkopf-Wachbataillon Sachsenhausen! But not as a volunteer. "Vereidigt" (sworn in, oath of allegiance), 6. December 1944. In the photo, he bears the rank of at least Unterscharführer, can't see any more detail, as the shoulder straps are obscured by the angle taken (must have been promoted fairly quickly, unless he may have already been a member of an SS-Standarte). Those are about the only entries. He was apparently captured by the Russians, if you look at the outside cover, you will see the Russian letters Miol, which would be the Russian pronunciation of Mül for "Müller", as his papers would be alphabetically sorted with others, the Russians have not made any further remarks, stamps or entries in the book, there is also no indication of release.
So, the decision is up to you, whether you think this is worth buying. SS papers are seldom encountered and always very expensive. He was obviously a member of the KZ-Wachpersonal at no fault of his own, as he didn't volunteer for this, I wonder if he survived Russian captivity, and if so, what he did after the war. Some people of this category were later blackmailed into working for the Stasi during the DDR Regime, others were put on public trial in a show process and condemned. One way or the other, there was no way out.
I would think this book came from a Russian source.

received_10212869297460615.jpeg

received_10212869297900626.jpeg

received_10212869297860625.jpeg

received_10212869297820624.jpeg

received_10212869297580618.jpeg

received_10212869297780623.jpeg

received_10212869297660620.jpeg

received_10212869297540617.jpeg

• Like 5

It's a nice historical piece, SS Wehrpass in general don't go for as much as SS Soldbuch, as you say he did not volunteer, but personally I think there's something dark about KZ items. It's not something I would have in my collection, but that's just my opinion. Probably unlikely he made it home.     

• Like 2

Never come across one of these before, just commenting. Also very highly priced, which would be a hindrance.

• Like 2

It is rather dark Kenny, I have actually put it up for sale today  As it's not really my thing, I am more into guns, bayonets, & medals. 

• Like 3

On 19.2.2018 at 13:04, kenny andrew said:

It's a nice historical piece Paul, SS Wehrpass in general don't go for as much as SS Soldbuch, as you say he did not volunteer, but personally I think there's something dark about KZ items. It's not something I would have in my collection, but that's just my opinion. Probably unlikely he made it home.     

Why would a Wehrpass go for less than a Soldbuch? Every man had both documents, the Wehrpass also contains more detailed information than the Soldbuch.

• Like 2

I think people prefer the Soldbuch because they have the photo of the recipient in uniform rather than the Wehrpass which tend to be usually in civilian clothing.    

• Like 2

That is often the case with the photo, still, the Wehrpaß has more info, whereas the other is just the paybook and with clothing issue, etc. The Wehrpaß was issued after "Musterung", often before call up, and whether called up or not, always had to be kept at the ready or on demand.

• Like 2

Just discovered this other page plus  another two stuck together separate from these, here is the visablle page , looks like there is nothing on the stuck pages , under light it's only ink.  Here's the page I missed

20180224_000009.jpg

• Like 3

Nachträge:
Im SS-T.-Wachbataillon Sachsenhausen am 6.12.1944 über die Abwehr von Spionage, Sabotage und Zersetzung in der Wehrmacht gemäß Anlage " zur Abwehr-Verfügung OKW 1941/42 Nr.3001 g Abwehr.......?

Supplementary (Additonal entries):
In SS-Totenkopf-Wachbataillon Sachsenhausen on 6.12.1944 concerning the defence against spionage, sabotage and subversion in the Wehrmacht according to enclosure-decree OKW (Oberkommando d.Wehrmacht) 1941/42 No. 3001 g Defence.......? *

Certainly a document containing little information but of historical significance, whether you like it or not.

*Sabotage in the Wehrmacht, "As in Normandy as well as the Eastern Front there was well organised betrayal and systematic sabotage amongst higher German officers." See under
https://archive.org/stream/164492688GeorgFriedrichVerratAnDerOstfrontIDerVerloreneSieg1941422012450SScanText/164492688-Georg-Friedrich-Verrat-an-Der-Ostfront-I-Der-Verlorene-Sieg-1941-42-2012-450-S-Scan-Text_djvu.txt

Wie in der Normandie 1944 gab es auch an der Ostfront gut organisierten Verrat und 
systematische Sabotage hoher deutscher Offiziere. Im ersten Band zeichnet Georg, 
warum der endgültige Sieg nicht unter Dach und Fach gebracht wurde. Trugen die 
einzelnen Sabotageaktionen maßgeblich zur deutschen Niederlage 1945 bei? 

Friedrich Georg beantwortet u.a. folgende Fragen: 

• An wen verriet ein späterer Stardiplomat bereits vor Kriegsausbruch entscheidende Details über 
den Hitler-Stalin-Pakt? 

• Was steckte hinter den unzureichenden deutschen Vorbereitungen zum Ostfeldzug? 

• >Gewitter< gegen >Barbarossa<: Reagierte Stalin wirklich nicht auf die zahlreichen Warnungen 
und Verratsmeldungen vor dem deutschen Angriff? 

• Ab wann wußte Hitler, daß der deutsche Angriffstermin für >Barbarossa< verraten war? 

• Welche Bedeutung hatten russische Telefonkabel für die deutschen Anfangserfolge? 

• Warum wurden bei den Kämpfen um den Lemberger Zipfel die deutschen Flammpanzer und 
Riesengeschütze nicht richtig verwendet? 

• Warum kam der deutsche Vormarsch Ende Juli 1941 für mehrere Wochen zum Stillstand? 

• Wie war es möglich, daß Moskau schneller über wichtige deutsche Angriffspläne im Bilde war als 
die deutschen Frontkommandeure? 

• Warum fuhren 1941 und 1942 mit Maschinenpistolen bewaffnete Lufwaffenoffiziere auf Nach- 
schubzügen mit? 

• Wurden für die Ostfront bestimmte Winteruniformen wirklich auf der Eisenbahn blockiert oder 
nach Afrika geliefert? 

• Kamen die entscheidenden Gegenoffensiven der Roten Armee vor Moskau und Stalingrad für den 
deutschen Nachrichtendienst überraschend? 

• Warum wurde der Textilindustrielle Josef Neckermann bei Nacht und Nebel heimlich zur Wehr- 
macht eingezogen? 

• Mit welcher verhinderten Technologie hätten die alliierten Luftwaffen in Ost und West schon 
1942 zum >alten Eisern gehören können? 

• Wie nutzte Admiral Canaris die kommunistische Spionageorganisation >Rote Kapelle< für seine 
Zwecke? 

• Welches Geheimnis wartet im ehemaligen Führerhauptquartier in Winniza (Ukraine) bis heute 
auf seine Aufklärung? 

• Sollte die Einführung des neuen schweren >Tiger<-Panzers 1942 hintertrieben werden? 

• Welche entscheidende Rolle spielten die Generale Fellgiebel, Oster, Thomas, Halder und Gehlen 
in der ersten Phase des Rußlandfeldzuges? 

• Wer verhinderte die mögliche Nutzung der Ölquellen aus dem Kaukasus für Deutschland? 

• Was hatten Befehlsverweigerung und Täuschung von höchster Stelle mit dem Verlust der Schlacht 
von Stalingrad zu tun? 

• Hätte Stalingrads Einschließung mehrfach verhindert werden können? 

• Wurde die Luftversorgung der Hungernden in Stalingrad künstlich behindert? 

• Gab es ab Sommer 1941 immer wieder russische Friedensfühler, und warum wurde nichts daraus? 

• Like 2

That's very interesting and informative indeed, so this would be stamped on all the wehrpass  that where issued, but worded as each branch of service as appropriate?

• Like 3

I don't think this would have been in every Wehrpaß, haven't seen this sort of entry before. But as a special stamp for this was made, it was considered very important, and due to the situation at the time, even more so. This meant that the person had been instructed in this matter and had fully understood what was meant, and this was binding, with due consequences as appropriate.

• Like 3

Thanks for that again, this little pass is getting even more interesting. 

• Like 3