2001 A Space Odyssey Theme Song

leon21

This is from the "Planet Suite", composed in 1914 by Gustav Holst, an English composer of German extraction.

• Like 2

The Space Odyssey theme song was produced in 1968 by Alex North, It was composed by Richard Strauss in 1896 and called "Also sprach Zarathustra" I know this because Elvis used to play it before he went on stage, awesome piece of music.

Holst was brilliant too I like Mars bringer of war the best, I like the conductor too, Susanna Mälkki of the Berliner Philharmoniker.

Is Valerian any good Colin, I've never seen it? 2001 a space oddessy is a very strange film.

• Like 2

No I've not seen it yet only clips of it, looks interesting though the full title is (Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets ).

• Like 2

• Like 2

Thanks Colin, it does look very good, I'll keep an eye out for it. Elgar is great too, my favourite is Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 (Land of Hope and Glory)

• Like 2

Managed to get the film Valerian, watched it last night, one of the best Si-Fi films I've seen in a long time

well worth watching.

img935.jpg

img934.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Colin, I might pick it up once I've finished working my way through the "Fear the walking Dead" box set I have at the moment. Do you like zombie films Colin? there a bit grim but good, I find survival in a post apocalyptic world quite interesting.      

• Like 1

Yes I've seen a few zombie films but not over keen on them, the last films I bought were "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," District 9," V for Vendetta,"

" Prometheus," plus " The Martian," and " Valerian," all good entertaining films. I do like the post apocalyptic world type films. 

• Like 2

More "diversity"?

• Like 1

The Walking Dead is very good Colin, I did not fancy it at all when it first came out. I caught a few seconds of episode two and thought F**k this. Then a few weeks later  was watching something else and it came on afterwards, I found myself watching it and the next minute I was hooked. If you like the post apocalyptic world type films the Walking Dead is it, although it can be quite gory at times, I just look away at these points :D Well worth watching from the beginning, the stories and characters are great.   

I've not seen that many modern films I still prefer the originals from the sixties and seventies, I think I've seen the first two new planet of the apes films which were good but for me I prefer the originals, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes from 1972 is my favourite.    

• Like 1

Yes they were good films in their day, I liked the first one best with Charlton Heston.

• Like 2

The first one was a classic, I always liked the uniforms, that's maybe why I'm a bit disappointed with the modern versions.  

bnth_ (59).jpg

• Like 1