Seefahrt day badge and Photo

leon21

Here's a Tag Der Deutschen Seefahrt  25/26.5.1935 Tinnie Badge maker marked Paul Schulze

& Co Lubeck, showing the image of a 3 Masted Steel Barque School Ship  could be of the

Gorch Fock  built in 1933 the first of 3 School Ships that were built in the 1930's .

And a holiday photo of the Gorch Fock seen sailing  near Scharbeutz on the Baltic Coast in 1934/35.

100_5764.jpg

• Like 2

I have an identical example by Schulze, Lübeck. I can't imagine faking such a badge, which is not particularly rare or expensive. Never seen a brass example before, usually aluminium. Originals cost around 10-15 Euros.

• Like 2

Yes I agree It's the first one I've seen, the quality is poor with uneven edges and the back is no better,

they will fake anything these days if they have a mind to do so.

• Like 3

Yes, they have been faking these for a while now. Leons example is made from aluminum, and is to commemorate the Tag der Deutschen Seefahrt or Day of German Seafaring, a nautical event which occurred in Hamburg, Germany on May 25-26, 1935. Here is a poster from the event, showing the day badge design and “Hamburg Ruft!”Hamburg Calls! underneath. 

hamburgruft.jpg

• Like 3