Einjährig-Freiwillige - One Year Volunteers in the Old Army

Fritz

An old period chart showing insignia for one year volunteers. The shoulder straps were edged with a twisted coloured cord in the colours of their state.

They were usually expected to provide their own uniform and equipment, and these were often in a fine quality compared to officers items.

The one year volunteers usually came from well situated families, and after qualifying in studies or a civilian profession, had the possibility of later becoming a Reserve Officer.

image.png.47d8cfc17735dfa6bd8b81583fcad736.png

post-173-0-69626900-1492265024_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Here is a detail photo of a rare wartime shoulder strap for Husaren-Regiment 15. From the local museum, possibly unique.

Schulter.H.R.15.jpg

• Like 4

Yes, it is extra fein hand-embroidered with much detail. There were no "jackets" in the old army, this particular example was the "Attila" of the Husar Regiments.

• Like 3

Hello chip

I am working on a book/website about husarenRegiment Königin wilhelmina der Niederlande. 

Can i haben a picture shoulder strap of husaren 15.

Do you have more?

Greetings 

Henk

• Like 4

Henk, 

Yes, you may have a picture. Give me your e-mail address and I will make a scan for you. I also have an enlisted man's  H.R.15 shoulder strap for the mounted troops overcoat. It is blue with a yellow cypher and crown and a gray cloth backing material.

• Like 5

Normally had a red cypher (pre-war) See photos on my posts, and as here, fragment, was probably mounted on a Reservistenbild.

100_2872.JPG

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fritz said:

Normally had a red cypher (pre-war) See photos on my posts

Correct. Here is the example for the gray overcoat.

ing242.jpg

ing241.jpg

• Like 4

I already know these examples. We have an example of the red/blue greatcoat strap in our local museum (damaged, probably from a Reservistenbild), and a complete Attila in Feldgrau also in the collection, pictures of which I have already posted.  Normaly the cyphers for this regiment were in white metal on the peacetime uniform. Thanks for posting.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Another, Kgl. Bayerisches 1. Feldartillerie-Regiment Prinzregent Luitpold

image.png.eeeb2f0aca109fc2e8804840478c9953.png

• Like 3