Autographs

mr bridger

Ernst Barkmann and Otto Kümm both well known. Both lived near Hamburg, as far as I know, Barkmann is still living, he is about the only one left now. The tie looks interesting. A few years back, the old comrades used to have their meetings and celebrate in the Ratskeller under the Hamburger Rathaus. This became a tradition over the years until the last time, the proprietor literally threw the old men out, through sheer political correctness. They had been welcome guests for years and nobody asked any questions, and all of a sudden there were complaints and they were unceremoniously expelled and banned. I think that was very tactless treating these men like that. It was also in the papers and seemed to have received public support. Times have changed, and what used to be legal is now gradually becoming outlawed. See the latest process in Lüneburg about the former bookkeeper/accountant, just because he wore the "wrong" uniform. Being over 90 years old, he has been sentenced to four years of imprisonment, if it were not so inhumane, it would probably go into the Guiness Book of Records.

• Like 3

The tie is the one that is worn at reunions LAH, a good friend of mine attended these reunions and passed on a lot of interesting TR related items to me. He was kind enough to put me in touch with a few contacts.

• Like 3

A few years back you could purchase or order ties with such motifs - popular were the Hamburg ties, also Wandsbek, and others with ships motifs - one of the suppliers

is Brendler, but there must have been other firms, but ties are becoming less popular and less demand nowadays. I'm sure they must have ordered in those days by the dozen for members of the associations. There are now no-go areas for people with ties nowadays in "German" towns and cities, thanks to Antifa and co.

post-173-0-34168100-1483118478_thumb.jpg

post-173-0-63504400-1483118493_thumb.jpg

• Like 3