Faithfull service cross

Buster

This is my 2nd class faithfull service cross, The Civil Service Faithful Service Medal was a Nazi Germany medal of honor that was founded on 30 January 1938, in two grades, to reward civilians in the employ of the German public services for long and faithful service.

All officials, employees, and laborers at any level of the public service (local, regional or national) who complete 25 or 40 years service were eligible.

The second class award was for 25 years of service was a silver cross, with a silver wreath and a black enameled swastika in the center of the cross.

The first class award was for 40 years of service was a gold cross, with a gold wreath and a black enameled swastika in the center of the cross.

The reverse of both classes was stamped with 'Für treue Dienste' (For faithful Services). The ribbon for the medal is cornflower blue.

post-37944-0-13489700-1481545451_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

There is a 50-Year cross - Silver/Gold and the "50", referred to as "Sonderstufe", quite much rarer, und very much more expensive , listed at around 210-230 Euros - now often "overcharged" . Found this (politicly correct) picture in internet.

It is listed in the (international standard) OEK catalogue as no. 3521

You will also find it in the Niemann catalogues, now out of print.

post-173-0-39116100-1481712928_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for that fritz , I am sure I have seen one of those before but can't recall where!

• Like 5

There are also numerous copies around. I had one more than fifty years ago!

• Like 3

• 5 years later...