Star Wars and Doctor Who

Buster

This was my sterling L2A1 sub machine gun, or to star wars fans a blasteck E11 storm trooper blaster.

post-3-0-21150300-1478434596.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 years later...

I have a master replica version of the stormtrooper blaster. It is made from an original, but it welded and fixed so it cannot be operated or used anymore. Interestingly enough the UK police saw it listed on my moving inventory and were going to confiscate it as they thought it was a real weapon. They tried for some time to try to operate it and prove to me it was a functional weapon, but after awhile they gave up, but not after chipping some of the paint off. At least I still have it. 

• Like 5

The only thing I have left from my Star Wars collection is the white Tie fighter, it was very hard to get in the UK. I still remember going to see the film in 1977.  Can you post a picture of the blaster Gildwiller?     

319.jpg

• Like 5

Nice TIE fighter, I also have a lot of my original SW toys, about all are complete. Here is the blaster. These come with a mirrored display stand and a clear Lucite box that covers it when not playing...although a prop it is quite heavy, but nicely done. 

IMG_4054.JPG

IMG_4056.JPG

IMG_4057.JPG

IMG_4058.JPG

IMG_4059.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4063.JPG

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Here are some of the vintage toys I have as well. 

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_4044.JPG

IMG_4047.JPG

IMG_4046.JPG

IMG_4048.JPG

IMG_4049.JPG

IMG_4050.JPG

IMG_4052.JPG

IMG_4051.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

Still have my ROTJ lunchbox as well, lol

IMG_4064.JPG

IMG_4065.JPG

IMG_4066.JPG

IMG_4067.JPG

• Like 5

Very impressive Gildwiller :thumbsup: Did you pick those up in the 70's and 80's ? That's when I had my Star Wars Collection, when I was still at school.  Do you have the Boba Fett with the firing missile? I am impressed,  you have almost as many stormtroopers as I did :D  I see it is all the classic stuff, none of the modern rubbish. I loved Star Wars but was always more of a Doctor Who fan or rather a Dalek fan, as always the bad guys have the best uniforms :D 

cyberman.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks Kenny, Yes I got my figures awhile back, however on the variations I started to get those in the 90's, thankfully before the fakes started to flood the market. At one point I used to have a 100 storm trooper figures, I traded a lot of those off for other items I needed. Never had the rocket firing Fett, unfortunately. One of my fav characters is Squid Head, just because of the variants. I have 30 of them, different makers, different color or texture robes, etc. 

• Like 3

I also have a mannequin display, this one is in my bar, lol.

IMG_4070.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

What I used to do, was to go to flea markets and estate sales, buy lots of the figures, vehicles, etc. Sell off what I did not need then kept the rest. I built up a good supply of spare weapons and parts that way. The container below shows what I have left now. Since I have my cases full I am not looking for anything else right now, unless I get a opportunity I cannot pass  up. 

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_4073.JPG

• Like 4

I recently got Ian McDiarmid's autograph, I mean what SW fan would not like an emperor autograph. 

IMG_4071.JPG

• Like 4

• Kenny Andrew pinned this topic

Excellent Gildwiller, love the full size stormtrooper and the Emperor. It's crazy they are even faking these items now. I take it most of your items are Kenner? In the UK ours were made by Palitoy who also made Action Man. The American toys were better in general than the Palitoy ones although now the Palitoy ones are worth more because not so many were made. I remember when I lived in Canada for a while coming home with my suitcase jammed with the American Death star, Dewback and loads of other Star Wars items you could not get here. The British Death Star was actually quite good in retrospect, it was made from cardboard but looked more like the Death Star and was much bigger.

Here is my favourite autograph of Jon Pertwee Doctor No3 which he signed when I met him in the eighties, real Doctor who and not the rubbish which is on today.

pertwee.jpg

• Like 5

Nice autograph! Yes, most of my items are US/Kenner. I do have some have some Lily Ledy (mexican), a few palitoy, a dutch vader made by clipper, some south american figures (glasslite), some marked China and even some polish bootlegs as well, along with a lot of variants and production mistakes, such as limbs, heads that were not painted. The US made versions by Kenner were made in Macau, Hong Kong and Taiwan, and all of these site can have variations in paint or the figure itself. 

IMG_4079.jpg

Here is a 4-Lom figure on the left where the eyes were never painted. 

IMG_4078.jpg

Lumat with an unpainted face.

IMG_4080.jpg

C-3PO w/removable limbs that were never plated. 

• Like 4

I have quite a few SW autographs and some Star Trek as well. Below is a David Prowse autograph, he was the man behind Vader with James Earl Jones doing the voice over work. 

IMG_4083.JPG

• Like 4

They are currently releasing new figures that look just like the vintage ones, that come in similar packaging. So be careful of new looking figures and accessories. These are labeled "Retro", below are some examples. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

• 1 year later...

I have been expanding my collection a little since my last post. I have picked up more mini-rigs, some playsets and vehicles. I have 6 AT-AT's now, I have repaired them, so they all work now. Most of them have seized motors, but after a good cleaning they are good to go. I also just found a nice Tie Interceptor, at a antique mall for a fantastic price. I also got the Rebel transport from Hoth and the mail away display arena. I am close to 700 figures now, lol. 

IMG_6095.JPG

IMG_6097.JPG

IMG_6098.JPG

IMG_6099.JPG

IMG_6100.JPG

IMG_6101.JPG

IMG_6102.JPG

IMG_6103.JPG

IMG_6104.JPG

IMG_6105.JPG

IMG_6106.JPG

IMG_6107.JPG

IMG_6110.JPG

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Very impressive Gildwiller,  do you collect anything else other than Star Wars and militaria? 

• Like 3

No, can't afford much else, unless you count the scotch and whiskey for my bar! lol. 

• Like 3

I do have a thing for the vintage Star Wars Squid Head figures, so many cape variations. Below are most of mine....

IMG_6111.JPG

IMG_6113.JPG

IMG_6114.JPG

IMG_6115.JPG

IMG_6116.JPG

IMG_6117.JPG

IMG_6118.JPG

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Wow that's impressive, a man of my own heart, militaria, sci fi and whiskey, have you tried Famous Grouse? My favourite figure apart from the Stormtrooper was the Death Squad Commander, I think basically because he looked like a German soldier and also when they first came out in the UK they were almost impossible to get, that and the white tie fighter. I still remember long after getting all of the other figures, walking into the toy shop and finally seeing only one on the rack, grabbing it as if it was the crown jewels, then going home a ripping it out of the packet :o They wouldn't get away with calling a kids toy Death squad commander these days :D  

starwars.webp

• Like 2

I have not tried Grouse yet, I am liking the Glenmorangie right now. Below is a portion of my bar. When I was in Spain, I would go to Gibraltar and get Scotch and other stuff dirt cheap, tax free, much cheaper than in England. 

IMG_6124.JPG

IMG_6126.JPG

• Like 2

I also remember as a kid going downtown to the local toy store in Germany and looking for figures. The bad guy figures were always hardest to find. The ships and playsets were not easiest to find from what I remember. It is interesting that they changed the name from Death Squad Commander to Star Destroyer Commander.

OIP.jpg

• Like 2

Impressive Whisky collection too Gildwiller, Famous Grouse is nothing like Glenmorangie, Glenmorangie is proper whisky to be sipped, Famous Grouse is mad juice as we say in Scotland, once you start it's hard to stop. I always say never again when I drink it but I probably will, a good time is guaranteed although you might not remember much the next day :D 

• Like 2

I don't drink that much anymore either, sipping alcohol is just fine with me! I did pick up a taste for German Brandy, Asbach, good stuff if you ever get the chance to try it. The older the better...

• Like 2