Russian

Buster

I got this from a friend ages ago, but as I can't read Cyrillic script am not sure sure what it is! But we think its a service record for a nagant 91/30 rifle, as can be seen this particular rifle had a long service life, the first date on this paper work is 1943, then further down the first page 1959, second page has the same date, then the last page 1961 & the final date of 1965. The first page also has the target with the pin holes from the initial testing. Have any of you guys seen one of these before? If so any information on this item would be very helpfull.

post-37944-0-10881700-1476096480_thumb.jpg

post-37944-0-08575300-1476096496_thumb.jpg

post-37944-0-98518700-1476096509_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I've never seen one of these before Buster but I would agree it's a service record for a soviet 91/30 rifle. I have enough difficulty with Sutterlin script, never mind Cyrillic. We do have quite a few Russian members here perhaps one could help with the translation?

• Like 3

Orytshni List - Karabin-Puschka 7,62 mm M.91/30 - some of the details made out so far. It is probably a Kartei-Karte / numbered record of the weapon, with entries for "Beschuss" with dates. Probably a stored weapon, with test entries every decade or so.

• Like 3

Thanks for a start on it Fritz, hopefully one of the Russian member's can help out also. @ Kenny, I have problems with English ! Never mind Cyrillic or any other kind of script lol

• Like 4

Don't despair. The first thing to do, is to learn the Russian alphabet, you don't even have to learn it - If you have a list of the letters/charakters, you can first of all see how it is written. And then, if you have a Russian dictionary, even better, unfortunately, I gave mine away many years ago, but I still have a "do it yourself Russian learner", which has a very usefull chart of Russian letters, printed in capitals and smalls and the handwritten variety. So, if you go on from there and take a small Russian pocket dictionary, the one I had was from "Langenscheidt", which is probably one of the best, you can get the approximate meaning of the text. Or, even better, simply ask a Russian. But don't tell him too much about your collection! Any information you need, can be easily found in the internet.

• Like 4

• 4 years later...

Here is a guide to the Russian alphabet, which I find helpful

100_7003.JPG

• Like 4