Knorr-Bremse paratroop rifle

Hi Cutaway, I must admit I've never seen this one before, anybody else know anything about it?

• 1 month later...
Hi Cutaway, I must admit I've never seen this one before, anybody else know anything about it?

Hi

First time seen this and i admit dont know much about it. The makers Knorr-bremse made a small number of mg35's as training weapons for the german army, but were not very sucsessful.They had afew drawbacks the safety catch if not engaged right it left the gun still able to fire plus the butt had a tendecy to fall off during firing,i should add that Knorr-Bremse were makers of car brakes and after their attempts in weapons they gave up and went back to making brakes, the bulk of their mg35's ended up in the swedish army.

The nearst other make i could find is a Mauser Strumgewher 45,the fore sight and mouldings around the barrel are very alike as is the pistol grip sorry dont know how to upload pics yet but when i do i will do so of this gun,it seem Mauser took some of the design of the Knorr-Bremse and put it into their designs. hope this helps any more i can do please ask.

Hi Sven,

welcome to the forum , you sound very knowledgeable on guns :thumbsup:

for information on how to add a picture go to the "news from the front forum" ,you will find out how to do it there, the topic is pinned near the top.Its very easy to do.

Look forward to seeing the pictures

Kenny :)

Does anyone know about this automatic rifle?, This is the only image of it i have seen so far and seems to have some parts missing. I believe it was under the Paratroop Rifle trials prior to adopting the FG42.

knorrbremseassaultrifleuy7.jpg

knorrbremse1pz5.jpg

knorrbremse2ys9.jpg

http://www.rediscov.com/VFPCGI.exe?IDCFile...TABASE=66572468

Here is the pic i think is close to your gun hope it helps.

post-97-1224425562_thumb.jpg

post-97-1224425586_thumb.jpg

post-97-1224425612_thumb.jpg

post-97-1224425633_thumb.jpg

post-97-1224425656_thumb.jpg

post-97-1224425677_thumb.jpg

post-97-1224425693_thumb.jpg

Hi Sven,

welcome to the forum , you sound very knowledgeable on guns :thumbsup:

for information on how to add a picture go to the "news from the front forum" ,you will find out how to do it there, the topic is pinned near the top.Its very easy to do.

Look forward to seeing the pictures

Kenny :)

Hi thanks for the welcome i know bits and pieces kenny bit of a history buff well ilike to thinks so.Would love to collect de-ac/ guns,but over here[ireland] it has been hard to do that now with things changing and if i can get money saved i will be able to do that. all the best for now

The Para rifle seems to be a bull-pup design and the others magazine in front. The para rifle also seems to be missing the butt stock. Bull pup was not advanced enough back then in my mind, I think with a butt stock and a magazine on that rifle it would have been big, bulky and not terribly comfortable... even more so trying to jump from an aircraft.