This is my Russian capture k98 rifle , it was manufactured in 1941 by Gustloff werk (code BCD), Being an RC rifle it has all swaztikas over struck but the eagles are intact as are some of the waffenamt .The Kar98k/K98 is a bolt-action rifle chambered for the 7.92×57mm Mauser cartridge that was adopted on 21 June 1935 as the standard service rifle by the German Wehrmacht. It was one of the final developments in the long line of Mauser military rifles. Although supplemented by semi- and fully automatic rifles during World War II, it remained the primary German service rifle until the end of the war in 1945. Millions were captured by the Soviets at the conclusion of World War II

post-37944-0-00208200-1472798345_thumb.jpg

post-37944-0-81216900-1472798361_thumb.jpg

post-37944-0-66272900-1472798384_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Excellent - I had an even better example many years ago, absolutely mint, still with all swastika markings and by S/42, dated 1939. Only the bolt was Russian-made, but not noticeable. The eagle stamping on the right of the butt was also still very clear. There were no Russian capture stamps. Only a single present day Bavarian proof stamp was the only mark, which didn't belong, which was of course, before deactivation.

After 1990 the Soviet Union sold quite a lot of such captured equipment to the West to make money.

Unfortunately I later traded this nice example for something else. I had previously purchased this from the renowned Kettner firm in Köln, as a personal caller in the Hamburg branch, which was later closed.

I managed to get another example just a few years ago dated 1937 with slight differences. My present example has the older flat type butt-plate and it is of normal wood, somewhat darker in tone, not like the later models made in a lighter type of "Schichtholz", which I prefer. Also, my example has no swastika stampings, except on the wooden butt, which is just about visible. The other stamps just show the Weimar eagle. However, all parts with matching numbers, and even the clearing rod is present. Will post this sometime in future.

• Like 3