De Activated guns

Will the government ban these alltogether?

They have been rattling their gums for the past few years about banning them altogether.

If they do,what will happen to the collections that people have built up over the years?

Will the government give people the full price or will they get the idiots from the antiques roadshow to give valuations as they are well wide of the mark ,compaired to market values?

I would love to collect them but the wife has said no in a big way and it's always best not to piss of the wife :ph34r:

87a3upy.jpg

Dave,

current legislation has made de-acts exempt from the Gun ban, only replicas are banned unless they are painted ,yellow or blue or for re enactors. So deacts are safe after all.

Seems to have been a fuss about nothing,the legislation was not to make them illegal to own only to trade in them and that now is OK as well. :) the price of deacts is now on the rise again now that people know where they stand.

Must have been dificult being a dealer with all the nonsence going on with the guns.

I mean ,what happens if you lay out a few bob on stock,only to find out that the government wants to take them from you?

I can see the goverbment coming out with a licence scheme for deacts so that they can keep track of them,or the people who collect them.

Yes it was difficult for the last year or two ,we basically did'nt stock them.we were quite happy for them to be licenced that would have worked quite well for us but in the end the collector community managed to persuade the government that the guns were actually safer being de-activated and in collectors collections who are regarded as responsible people.

I think they finally realised if a criminal wants a gun there not going to spend hundreds of pounds on a WW2 deact when they could buy one which still works for a lot less from the underworld.basically if they banned deacts allot more would end up going underground which would have the very opposite effect of what they desired.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think they may Licence dealers to sell them , that wouldn't bother me at all ,I have a feeling collectors won't be effected , you would think through with all the problems this government has that de-acts should be the least of there worries! :angry:

• 7 months later...

Agree with all you said Kenny if I was going to do a cime need to get one that works and is up to the job!!

Being a re-actor it does cause the confusuion as work in the Police all I can say is that it is all the top nobs in Goverment that just want an easy way out and all then suffer ffor a few minor idiots that want to use guns in the criminal world your never going to stop it but in the mean time us collectors and re-actors just have to suffer maybe they will have more pressing worries like the Banks, Economy etc to worry about is collectors

All the best ffor 2009

Robert.