WW2 Russian Helmet?

willj

Hi all,

I live in the States and have noticed that pre - 1945 dated Russian helmets are in scarce supply. The ones I can find are in terrible shape and are astronomically priced. Does anyone have any insight on why this is the case? Thanks in advance from a new collector.

Regards,

Will

• Like 3

Hi Will, it's the same old story anything that's rare or scarce commands a higher price, it's supply and demand if a collector

is desperate to own a rare or scarce item he will probably pay what they are asking for it.

Back in the 60s and 70s you could pick these up for very little money but not these days I'm sad to say.

I'm still working on your brodie helmet will let you know if I find anything, can you tell me were you got it from please.

• Like 3

Leon,

Thanks for the response. My next question is why the rarity of the Russian helmets? I can find German, Japanese, Italian etc. It just seems that Russian ones are very rare. On the brodie I purchased it from International Military Antiques.It is refinshed, but works as a place holder. I sincerely appreciate all of the help.

• Like 3

If your in the US Will, you will probably find that allot of GI's brought back German, Japanese and Italian helmets but as the Americans had little contact with the Russians that is why you will see so few war time Soviet helmets in the States.

• Like 2